• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

Caporegime
http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=789466&starttime=0&endtime=0

NewIntelpricedrops.png

My birthday is on the 28th July. I wonder what I will be getting, Q6600 or E6850?

Last edited:
Cob said:
That's a lot earlier than expected.

Penryn must be ahead of schedule.

I think Penryn NDA is lifted 15th July.

edit ---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah the 15th apparently.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31804/135/

However, industry sources recently told TG Daily that a whole bunch of non disclosure agreements (NDAs) for the pre-release and distribution of 45 nm processors are already in place and carry a July 15 expiration date. “Pre-release”, of course, does not mean that Intel will launch the processor at this time; however, we received confirmation from our sources that initial sample shipments of Penryn are scheduled to begin late in Q2 and early Q3. We also expect the NDAs also to apply to the press, which means that first real-world Penryn benchmarks are likely to be published on July 15.

Energize said:
I bet it's been a couple of months since the last drop though. Considering cpu prices drop every week it's not suprising.

The last drop was like ~4 weeks ago.

Thats why the Q6600 went down to £350 from something like £550

I think if Intel dropped the prices right now, think how many people would go out and buy a Q6600/upgrade to C2D/C2Q. I know I would buy a Q6600.

They could destroy AMD if they put it that low now, so many people would go to Intel if it was that cheap now, not when AMD are going to be releasing their new CPUs a month or two after that date.

Thats my opinoin any way.

Energize said:
Thats why I haven't even switched to dual core yet. A lot of new games still don't support it, it's going to be even longer before most new games have quad core support.

Pretty sure Bioshock, Crysis and UT3 are all optimized to use multiple cored CPUs. You also got Supreme Comander that is already out.

WJA96 said:
The last lot went through on the day the new chips were released, but not everyone moved immediately.

Some places like OcUK dropped the price of the Q6600 a good few days even before the price drop date.

By the looks of it the E6850 and Q6600 will be both under £180.

I can show you the E6850 @ <£180 but its from a competitior. *cough* look at my thread in XS news*cough*

Happy days. :)

Gibbo said:
Hi there

We have had an interim price cut from Intel on the Q6600 and as such were offering it out at £199 +VAT.

Anybody interested it will probably drop a further £40 or so in the next 3-4 weeks but for those who want a good deal now this is an amazing price. :)

Thanks for that Gibbo.

Just over 4 weeks until my birthday. Ill wait until then when its sub £200. :)

Or do I buy now? :(

Back
Top Bottom