• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s surprise Ryzen killer

Associate
OP
Consumer mainstream chips with 1700 pins, it looks expensive! Considering what amd are doing with just 1331 pins on the mainstream im asking myself if this design choice is smart. It appears to me that it's basically a hedt size chip to compete in the mainstream where traditionally you would have chips around that 1200 to 1400 pins. I really want them to be making compelling stuff but im not sure this is the way to go for mainstream sockets. It's interesting and im looking forward to seeing and getting my hands on it to play with but one thing it isn't looking right now is that compelling.

Very true, it does also say that PCI-e5.0 and DDR5 are ‘rumoured’ to be featured aswell.

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom