Interactive Screen / Presentation software

Soldato
Hi guys,

Got a project at work where we are designing a customer experience center, i have been asked to put together an interactive screen that will basically have a site map with interactive areas or zones on it, clicking each will bring up videos and even live camera feeds and what not.

Is there any software out there i should be looking at for this? I thought something powerpoint in style would work but it seems a bit static in nature? i want the users to be able to pull up videos and pictures and other material.

Any ideas?

Soldato
In terms of technology, a web page or web app built with HTML is well suited. In particular, there is something called an image map, i.e. an image that can be made interactive via hyperlinks.

There do appear to be some free image map generator tools available, although I am not familiar with any of them.

This is the kind of thing you could hire a web designer/developer to do.

Soldato
That sounds like quite a fun project.

As above web app would probably be the easiest way to go.

You can actually create image maps in GIMP. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-image-map-gimp/ (may be a better tutorial out there).

It would be fairly simple to swap out the open URL on click events for other options such as opening a live stream of the CCTV. Depending on the camera there may already be a streaming library available.

Back
Top Bottom