Interesting Hypercar; BYD Yangwang U9

Or even 50k tbh. This thing will depreciation in to oblivion.

It will be fast in a straight line (because thats the easy part), but I can't see it being quick on track vs the competition either.

Having driven the Ferrari 296 GTB around Oulton Park in qualifying mode it was nothing short of biblical fast, especially considering Ferrari has not even done a track special of the 296 yet, though it was properly quick, like even quicker than my 600 LT I was not really enjoying it much in honesty, it had the ability but was somewhat numb and don't get me wrong in the cabin that V6 sounds darn impressive and the rate the speedo flings around, afterall its a sub 10s car in quarter mile and does 0-200km/h in just 7.3s so its biblical quick and apart from been mega quick I came out of the car thinking it was somewhat cold. I drove one on the road as well, again properly quick, if anything the car felt more entertaining on the road strangely enough which I thought odd and did have an element of fun at legal speeds but in all honesty to properly enjoy it you needed to do twice the speed limits. I think for me my biggest vice with the 296 was the poor steering feel and really annoying haptic controls, the steering was just so numb, so direct, so fast but numb. By comparison my vastly slower 360 was so more engaging on track, as soon as you turned the wheel there was steering feedback, you then felt the suspension do its thing and once settled into the apex and you nail it and feel suspension load up beautifully.

So take the engine away, add a load of aero and apart from silly performance I just cannot see it been fun and engaging to drive an EV Supercar IMHO.

Last edited:
Or even 50k tbh. This thing will depreciation in to oblivion.

It will be fast in a straight line (because thats the easy part), but I can't see it being quick on track vs the competition either.
They have been testing it at the nurburgring, I'm surprised you weren't part of the testing team, considering your knowledge on everything ev.

There's one getting set up at Ring Toys at the Nurburgring today before it attempts a lap record so I suspect it can handle fairly well. Will be interesting to see what times its doing

Screenshot-20240822-085331.png

Back
Top Bottom