Intergrated or deidicated gpu

Associate
Hi all,

I'm a bit lost as to what to for in a pc primarily used for work. Only really checking emails, Web browsing, occasionally watching films and other media and opening work files of various sizes but nothing huge.

I do want something quick and future proof.

Now do I go for a cpu with integrated graphics and no gpu or something with a gpu?

I really don't know. My budget in total for everything (not including monitors or keyboard or anything) is between £700 and £900.

Anything obvious jumping out at anyone?

Associate
OP
I keep seeing the 14400f popping up. Would you recommend this?
The goal is to have this for a good few years and it remain nice and quick. I don't mind spending closer to the £900 mark if the chance if that increases. But obviosuly if not then I'll save the ££££

Associate
OP
OK this is exactly the kind of thing I needed to know. It's so easy to get lost in the sea of cpu's and 'benchmarks'.

Thank you.

What about this 8600g then? How do they stack up against a 12600k? Being as they are almost the same cost?

Associate
OP
I noticed you opted for dd4 over ddr5. I know for what it's used for it may not make much difference, is this simply the reasoning? Obviously with ddr5 becoming more accessible, is it still not viable over ddr4 in this instance?

Back
Top Bottom