• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Introducing Radeon Adrenalin Rush 2019

Permabanned
OP
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 now on OP

With Support For Far Cry®5

Download the driver from here:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Highlights

• Support For
    • Far Cry®5
    Fixed Issues
    • Some blockchain workloads may experience lower performance than expected when compared to previous Radeon Software releases.
    • Final Fantasy®XV may experience bright lighting effects on some trees in specific map locations.
    • Final Fantasy®XV may experience an application hang or crash after advancing in game to chapter 2.
    Known Issues
    • Far Cry®5 may experience flickering issues if a task switch is performed while playing the game using a multi GPU enabled system configuration.
    • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
    • Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
    • Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time.
    • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
    • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.

Permabanned
OP
Driver 18.9.1 has been released with support for

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
  • Star Control®: Origins
https://www.amd.com/en/support

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Highlights
Support For
  • Windows®10 April 2018 Update
  • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
  • Ancestors Legacy™
    • Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).1
    • Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).2
  • Microsoft® PlayReady®3.0
    • Supported on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
Fixed Issues
  • HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings "Restore Factory Defaults" option is selected.
  • Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
  • Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
  • Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
  • Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook™ may intermittently fail.
  • Brightness or white screen issues may be observed when playing The Crew™ on daytime maps.
Known Issues
  • Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
  • Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
  • The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
  • A system hang may occur on a small number of system configurations after Radeon Software installation if Radeon Settings is launched without a system reboot. A workaround is to reboot your system after install.

Permabanned
OP
Driver 18.11.1 has been released with support for

• Hitman™2
  • Battlefield™ V Early Access
  • Fallout™ 76
https://www.amd.com/en/support

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 Highlights
Support For

Hitman™2Up to 3% faster performance in Hitman 2 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-230
    • Battlefield™ V Early Access
      • Up to 8% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-231
      • Up to 9% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-232
    • Fallout™ 76
    Fixed Issues
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Assassin’s Creed™: Origins may experience an application crash while launching or playing the game in Windows®7.
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus may experience corruption when viewing lava or water.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience intermittent application crashes when using DirectX®12 API.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon Overlay may not appear when toggled on systems with multiple displays when Battlefield™ V is running.
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.

Soldato
this driver reads my graphics card wrong it seems and despite my hardware i think its not helping my system run as best as it probably should, apparently its a issue for most people with the wrong identifications.

Caporegime
AMD Preparing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition

AMD is currently hosting private events for selected press members around the world to talk about an upcoming driver update.

Adrenalin Rush

The new driver will be released mid-December. There is an embargo, but at this moment we are unsure if the information and the driver will be released simultaneously.

First things first. The new driver is still called Adrenalin, 2019 Edition, despite the fact that it will launch this year, or so I’m told. The driver will bring a handful of enhancements and features, but I will only mention a few.

Wattman
The driver features new overclocking capabilities, such as one-click overclocking (including the memory – so I’ve heard). This obviously is a direct response to NVIDIA’s Turing OC Scanner, but we have no details on how the AMD tool will work exactly.

Our sources claim that new Adrenalin will also support undervolting, yes you heard that right, fully automatic undervolting. This was quite a topic at Vega launch, so I’m looking forward to how efficient this tool will be.

Last but not least, I have also heard about fan curvature modifications in new Wattman.

Hey Radeon!
Have you ever wanted to talk to your graphics card? Well, guess what, AMD will give you this opportunity with Adrenalin 2019 and AMD Link update. You will be able to issue simple commands, but only in English and Chinese. I don’t have a list of all commands yet, but I heard you can ask the software to display FPS for you, should you need it, or take a screenshot (you get the idea).

Streaming to VR Headsets
The last feature which I found interesting is direct streaming to standalone VR headsets. Think of Steam Link, only for VR headset. I’ve heard the technology is really smooth and lag is hardly noticeable.

https://videocardz.com/79193/amd-preparing-radeon-software-adreanlin-2019-edition

Associate
If it works this could be great.
Real pity it wasn't in the launch driver or the early reviews might have gone very differently.

I would be surprised if it lowers power usage below Pascal levels and gets higher performance, so while the reviews might have been better the overall outcome probably wouldn't be much different.

Associate
I would be surprised if it lowers power usage below Pascal levels and gets higher performance, so while the reviews might have been better the overall outcome probably wouldn't be much different.
you can already match a 1080 with an undervolt in terms of power consumption whilst out performing a 1080 easy.
the early reviews where bad because reviewers didnt know what to do with vega and even now in some cases, which this could have solved. undervolting allows the card to really stretch its legs.

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Leaked?

Performance
Adrenalin 2019 is not really a performance uplift driver. The only slide with meaningful performance figures compares the new driver to (now) ancient 17.12.1 driver. Most of the games in this comparison were not even out when 17.12.1 was available. A claim is made that average performance increased (up to) 15% for Radeon RX 570.

From my understanding, the new driver is focusing on features rather than performance. However, there are slides devoted to Chill or ResX improvements, which some of you may find interesting.

As for the rest, here are my notes from the whole press deck.

Radeon Advisors
  • Game Advisor – “provides game settings guidance for a personalized & improved experience”
    This tool works in conjunction with Radeon Overlay. What it does is rather simple: it suggests how to improve performance and frame rating by adjusting game settings.
  • Settings Advisor – this is designed for new users who never used Radeon Settings before. It recommends which features should be enabled (VSR, FreeSync etc.) based on measured performance.
  • Upgrade Advisor – system analyzer for “minimum and recommended game compatibility”
Wattman
  • Auto-GPU & Memory Overclocking
  • Auto-GPU undervolting
  • Temperature-dependent fan curves
  • Unlocked DPM states for RX Vega
  • Memory tuning
Display Technologies
  • FreeSync 2 HDR – improved auto-tone mapping for a more detailed experience
  • Virtual Super Resolution – support for 21:9 displays
Radeon Overlay
  • Display Settings – in-game controls: enhanced sync, FreeSync, per-game settings
  • Wattman – in-game adjustment for: gpu frequency, gpu voltage, gpu temperature, memory timing, memory frequency, load/save profiles
  • Refined performance metrics – framerate and frametimes – adjust colors, columns, position, size and transparency
AMD Link
  • QR Code linking
  • Voice Control – streaming, recording, screenshots, instant replay, min/avg/max fps, gpu temp, gpu clocks, mem clocks, fan speed
  • Wattman – same settings as in Radeon Overlay
  • Enhanced Performance Metrics — detailed analytics (basically turning a phone into a benchmarking tool).
  • ReLive – View, Edit, Stream recordings/screenshots from a mobile device
AMD ReLive
  • In-Game Replay
  • Scene Editor
  • GIF Support
AMD ReLive streaming
  • Wireless streaming up to 4K60FPS to mobile devices
  • Free on Android and IOS
  • 70ms (AMD) vs 125ms (competitor) responsiveness
  • Works with AMD Link (through Game Explorer tab)
  • AMD ReLive for VR: support for HTC Vive Focus, Oculus GO, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream
    — features: 3rd party Bluetooth compatibility, up to 1440x1440p
Some exciting features to play around with. Am really liking the sound of the Wattman stuff.

Permabanned
OP

This is what I'm looking forward to trying, I'm chuffed they've finally added it.

My first UW monitor was a 2560x1080 model & the resolution didn't look high enough for it's 35" panel. To me it looked exactly how the 27" 1080p monitor I was replacing it with did and while I was able to use VSR for fake 1440p or 4K with that monitor it not being available for 21:9 meant I wasn't happy with the new monitor as it wasn't really a step up. While the resolutions VSR offers are fake they do improve how a game looks. Obviously it's not a magic wand but it is something you can use like all the other other graphics settings to improve how a game looks so for me this is a big feather in AMD's cap.

I hope it offers UW4k so I can get a look at the performance hit, While it isn't going to perform like a true 5???v2160 panel it'll give a hint to how big the performance hit is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is what I'm looking forward to trying, I'm chuffed they've finally added it.

My first UW monitor was a 2560x1080 model & the resolution didn't look high enough for it's 35" panel. To me it looked exactly how the 27" 1080p monitor I was replacing it with did and while I was able to use VSR for fake 1440p or 4K with that monitor it not being available for 21:9 meant I wasn't happy with the new monitor as it wasn't really a step up. While the resolutions VSR offers are fake they do improve how a game looks. Obviously it's not a magic wand but it is something you can use like all the other other graphics settings to improve how a game looks so for me this is a big feather in AMD's cap.

I hope it offers UW4k so I can get a look at the performance hit, While it isn't going to perform like a true 5???v2160 panel it'll give a hint to how big the performance hit is.

Oh wow.

They've finally done it.

Back
Top Bottom