Introduction into coding - Python

Soldato
Well, I've spent the last week reading the starts to a plethora of 'coding tutorials/guides/introductions' etc etc. So, I thought I'd ask what everyones suggestion is?

I'm set on Python as I'm surrounded by vert pro's of Python and the wealth of knowledge is invaluable.

Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Find a small project and try and complete it. Learn by doing.
Something thats useful to you is a good idea if not something that touches on a lot of areas like data access, UI, possibly DB. Things like customer managment systems come out a lot aswell as stock management as these are simple systems which let you get to know a lot.
What is your end goal of this?

End goal is to home study, then possibly transition into a junior role within a couple of years, although I accept that might be optimistic. I'm enrolling in a Open Uni course starting in October, it's 6 years long but that's mainly just for the degree at the end of it as I don't currently hold a degree. Went into IT at 17 and have been doing it ever since.

1. Put knowledge of Python on CV
2. Wait for job offer from Google
3. ?????
4. Profit!

:D

If only it was that easy.

Soldato
OP
Really? I was told Python simply as it's easy to understand but at the same time teaches me the basics of programming?

Surely by jumping in the deep end, I'll be hindering my self?

Back
Top Bottom