Investing millions

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Buy a nice challet in Switzerland/france with decent internet, get a couple of dogs and just hide from the rest of the world. I would be out of the UK in a heartbeat

Associate
Slight edit on mine after thought's

I wouldn't move from the house I've just bought.

I'd only inform those who I decided I could trust and who I know have been there for me in the lowest point's of life.

I'd leave my current job, and do Youtube and Twitch Live streaming everyday pretty much.

And the warehouse....... the toyshop for those old enough to drive and appreicate ;)

Associate
Hang on why did you just go off on one at me over that comment? I never alluded to anything that warrants the content of your post :confused:.

No sorry haha, I wasnt trying to do that at all mate, I got completely lost and sidetracked and ended up talking without thinking I apologize!
Sometimes I am a bit of a numpty but im not some know it all, know nothing AT ALL lol, Ill get that out of the way, im just not even going there.

Man of Honour
I'd put it in simple low-risk, low-return investments probably. However to be honest if I only won £42m then not much would be left after sorting out family and initial spending on property. Buying a 'nice house' in a good part of London costs millions and while you said we must assume no kids it is quite hard to think in that way.

As for people winning lotto and running out of cash, that's very easy because the jackpot is often quite small these days. Again, initial expenditure on property, cars, family etc can run into millions, and then would be very easy to spend hundreds of thousands every year just on living life (holidays, nice clothes, furniture nice gadgets etc). Some people also are 'addicted' to acquiring new things in the sense that they will replace said items very quickly i.e. new car every year, new furniture etc etc even on much smaller payouts. In other words they buy items with a high rate of depreciation on a frequent basis so capital is diminished quickly even before you take into account spending on 'experiences' that leaves you with no material asset at the end.

edit: when considering this sort of topic I often like to try and come up with an amount that would be the minimum amount that would have a drastic impact on the way I live my life outside of work. It is quite scary really because that number has grown over time to the extent that basically the fabled 'millionaire' life goal is actually pretty underwhelming. If I won a million quid basically that would let me buy my mother in law a house, buy us a new house and that would be it. Unless I did something drastic like quit work and stay in our current house, but not sure I would be confident doing that in terms of long-term provision for my family i.e. the interest on a million quid after tax (assuming basic cash investments) is pretty paultry really.

Last edited:
Soldato
However to be honest if I only won £42m then not much would be left after sorting out family and initial spending on property. Buying a 'nice house' in a good part of London costs millions and

Well moving out of London would save you a packet, would you not fancy a nice house in the country away from all the pond life :)

Man of Honour
I didn't want to generalise :D.

Just surprised at the response.

I look forward to ignoring his SJW YouTube channel in a few years.

I guess being 25 I should also add I don't know any 16 year old boys :D. (Or younger :p)

You can probably remember yourself at that age, though. I remember knowing simple answers to all sorts of issues when I was that age. Of course, they were simple because they were wrong.

They have a "perfect storm" of inexperience, irrational guilt for being born into a "wrong" "group" and the simplistic prejudices that come with thinking that there are such things, and enough arrogance to think their guilt and prejudice makes them enlightened.

The first in inevitable, the second is a result of the sadly constant and universal conditioning into the socially acceptable prejudices for any given time and place (the target groups change, but the prejudice remains the same) and the third is one of the possible results of the first two (the other being crushingly low self-esteem, mental illness or suicide).

Soldato
To be honest either I was completely oblivious to it or this SJW/white man guilt thing is relativly new. I've only been out of school 5 years now and I don't remember anyone openly stating such beliefs.

Racism was treated as a joke by the ethnic kids. Same with religion the few openly Islamic pupils weren't bothered discussing Christianity in RE. I don't remember sexism cropping up either at college. All boys secondary didn't help me see things though lol.

I think the only thing that was actually used derogatory was homosexuality but it wasn't to the extent it's portrayed these days.

I think maybe I'm ignorant of social matters to an extent.

No sorry haha, I wasnt trying to do that at all mate, I got completely lost and sidetracked and ended up talking without thinking I apologize!
Sometimes I am a bit of a numpty but im not some know it all, know nothing AT ALL lol, Ill get that out of the way, im just not even going there.

No need for apologies clearly I just misinterpreted it as aimed at me :).

Happy New Years to everyone :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom