Inzy banned for bringing game into disrepute

Soldato
As the title suggests really...

Inzumam has been banned for 4 ODIs for bringing the game into disrepute. This relates to his decision to refuse to resume play in the 4th test. He has been found not guilty of ball tampering.

This is the right decision imo. There has been no clear proof of any ball tampering so it is entirely right that inzy was found not guilty of that. The fact remains, however, that his actions in refusing to play were clearly unacceptable and had to be punished. Regardless of the nature of the accusations, such a move is unsporting imo and also ruins a day of sport for those watching. Cricket is, it should not be forgotten, a spectator sport and refusing to play in such circumstances neglects this.

Spawn said:
Sorry i totally and utterly disagree, im glad hes been cleared of the ball tampering issue but bringing the game into disrepute???...now thats laughable and pathetic punishment by a bunch of idiotic morons in charge of the ICC.
First of all Hair the idiot shouldnt have made such accusations without any proof...because of his sheer stupidity it caused a forfeit of the game and i dont blame Inzy in the slightest for the actions he took. Although he was most probably influenced by people inside the locker room, as i said before his mistake was to keep playing until tea when really he should have stuck 2 fingers up at Hair and walked off the field.

Stupid stupid decision but i guess Inzy has accepted it so fair enough, personally i would have appealed against it as i dont think its a fair or fitting punishment. If anything Hair should never be allowed to umpire another cricket match but ICC being the gutless morons they are, decide that its ok to punish Inzy for soemthing that a lot of captains would have done without any outside influence. I just hope the ICC dont let this muppet umpire anymore pakistani cricket matches or if they do, i hope pakistan make an uproar about it.

Your argument is completely flawed though. It is pure fact that Inzy broke the rules of the game by refusing to bring his players out after the tea interval. I definately agree to a degree about Hair's decision, it was a very poor judgement based on what seems to be little more than guesswork. To make such a decision was obviously going to rile the Pakistanis. Hair obviously felt there was ball-tampering but he should have dealt with it during the tea interval with the match referee etc.

Don't try and blame Hair completely for causing the match to be forfeited though. It was the Pakistan team's choice to not to come out after tea, thus forfeiting the match. As captain, the fault for such a decision must lie with Inzy. For causing a finely balanced game, which would have had a great final day's play, to be forfeited he had to be punished and the disrepute charge was a justified and fair one.

This has been a messy and unfortunate incident for world cricket, but had the Pakistanis done the right thing and made their complaints known through the official channel, a very good test match would have been finished, thousands of fans would have been happy and there would have been much less contreversy. Instead, the pakistanis through their toys out of the pram and all hell broke loose.

Back
Top Bottom