IOS 11 Beta test and Apple Watch

Soldato
If you're going to install iOS11 beta you may as well install watchOS 4 beta as well. The previous release was pants on battery life, but beta 3 is much better.

Soldato
If you're going to install iOS11 beta you may as well install watchOS 4 beta as well. The previous release was pants on battery life, but beta 3 is much better.
He really shouldn't, you can easily revert iOS 11 if you don't like it or there's issues, you can't revert Watch OS 4 yourself and a Watch on OS 4 also can't be paired with iOS 10. There is a reason there is no public beta of Watch OS.

Soldato
I've been using Watch OS 3 with iOS 11 since dev beta 1 and it's been fine, iOS 11 has some battery issues at the moment but nothing too major, we should get another beta build next week too. But if you can't handle some bugs and expect it to be close to release quality then stick with iOS 10.

Soldato
I did beta test iOS 10 was fine.

How bad are bugs on the 11 at the moment. Is Apple Pay working on it as on iOS 10 it wasn't

Generally seems pretty good to me. It's mainly screen layout or orientation issues..quite often I'll pick up my phone in portrait but the wallpaper will be in landscape for example.

Apple Pay worked fine when I used it on the underground a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom