iPhone 3GS battery

Gangster
Associate
Do you look after your phone's battery (only charge when you need to) or do you charge the phone whenever you have the chance (while on a computer for example)?

If the phone's battery begins to die before 12 months, will apple give you a new one for free?

Permabanned
I rarely have my battery go below 60% (life is great with 3G off when not needed) so I tend to charge it to 100% then unplug it.

Not sure if that's considered taking care of it or not but I hear it's better to not have it plugged in all the time and also to avoid letting it run out. Could be wrong, probably am.

AJK

AJK

Associate
Every now and again I let it run out completely, and then charge to full (only when I KNOW I will be able to recharge it before I go anywhere!), but there's no harm in doing normal "top-up" charges most of the time.

Caporegime
Do you care about charge cycles?
You realise that you'll put the same amount of charge cycles on a phone regardless of how you charge it don't you? If you top it up then you add for example a fifth of a charge cycle. If in the same period as you top it up 5 times you let it fully drain and charge it up, you add one charge cycle.

Letting things run out completely before charging them hasn't been necessary or relevant for so long that any equipment that still uses a battery where it matters is probably not worth hanging onto.

My phone goes on charge when I'm near a charger for more than a few hours, and when it's fully charged I rely on it being clever enough to realise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom