iPhone 3GS Screen - **URGENT**

Gangster
Associate
Please excuse my **URGENT** but am I imagining things? I'm 100% positive for the last week the whole screen was lit but today I noticed a small border around the screen.

Just like the picture shown here: http://www.thepughfamily.com/images/iphone_border.jpg

There are mixed views on the internet, some users are saying this is normal... Does yours have it or is it time to visit the Apple shop? The more I look at the screen, the more it bothers me.

Best regards x

Soldato
humm... i can't really notice if i have one to that degree... but it does look like there is a tiny border. if ya want pieve of mind you could count the pixels :)

Soldato
Sorry to hijack but I have a screen releated enquiry too.

I've recently noticed a line across my screen when the screen is locked

screensaver1.jpg

It doesn't appear when actually using the phone, or on the black background on the home screen. I've only just noticed it, but I don't remember seeing it before. Is it there on everyones?

Associate
Sorry to hijack but I have a screen releated enquiry too.

I've recently noticed a line across my screen when the screen is locked

It doesn't appear when actually using the phone, or on the black background on the home screen. I've only just noticed it, but I don't remember seeing it before. Is it there on everyones?

Mine has it too, it's normal.

Soldato
^ Hmm, unrelated but my Nokia 5300 Xpress Music does the same thing. A small pink line goes down the right hand side when it's locked, unlock it and it's fine.. Doesn't bother me too much though.

Associate
Sorry to dig up an oldish thread but my iphone has developed this problem. There is now an unlit unused border around the image on the screen, just as in the OP photo.

I have checked with other people who have the same model (3GS) and theirs look like mine used to, full screen with no border. How can a border be normal as others in this thread have said?

Soldato
If your screen looks exactly like the image the OP posted, there is nothing wrong with your phone as despite what you might think, it has always looked that way.

If it does not look exactly like the image from the OP, you're gonna need to try and post an image of what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom