*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

The 4/4s's colours are closer to 'real' then competing products. When viewing my images on the 4s they look exactly like I have them in Lightroom. When viewing on some other phones (especially the xperia models) they look falsely over-saturated and sharpened.

Each to their own I guess, but i prefer colours true to the originals.

The iPhone 4/4S has a v.low 60-65% colour gamut, AMOLEDs are just as over saturated at 135-140% as iPhones are under saturated :D
Something like the Xperia Arc has fantastic colours, yeah it'll certainly seem over saturated compared to the subdued iPhone 4/4S. Mind you the Xperia range covers a wide selection of screen types, you could be comparing a cheap model?

The new retina iPad gets close to 100% though! Use that to judge real colours over the current iPhone, hopefully the new one will match it. :cool:
color_diffs_6.jpg

who cares how many core's it has - as long as it's fast and smooth and has good battery life.

More cores are always better :D ...but it's a case of diminishing returns on a small device with limited thermals and battery capacity.
A dual core only ever runs at 55-60% capacity, outside benchmarks, on a phone. Quad cores can clock lower and complete the task a bit sooner, assuming the software is well threaded, but the effect gets less and less as the real world differences are v.minor.
Ideally they should more cores, but it's probably better to save money and die space for a strictly controlled phone.
(Note: the S4 has all the modem gubbins taking up lots of space on the die, that's why the quad core version drops it)

This is kinda of what I meant, i didnt low the 4s/4 screen was at such a low color.G, and this is one of the only things I can really see improving in the screen.

Anyone else think nano sims look kinda pointless :d

I think its a littly silly, most new phones are starting to adopt the mirco sims now and I dont see the need to go change it all, however it is all rumors so no one can be sure yet.

I don't get why people keep asking for 32Gb minimum... If you need the extra space, upgrade it! Buy the 32Gb version instead of the 16Gb version. Don't be tight and just go for the cheapest option and hope they change the cheapest option.

I can't see them making the "standard" iP5 32Gb... With the release of the 8Gb iP4 I think they'll stick with 16Gb this time around. If I'm wrong, I am prepared to eat my hat!

It's based on a couple of things, Apple usually bring in the new phones at the same price point as their previous generation, so whether the lowest spec model has 16GB or 32GB it'll still be the entry price, so people don't have to upgrade ... which brings me to the second point.
Apple's markup on NAND upgrades is completely disproportionate the actual costs, people know this (obvious given the cost of SSD's and pen drives) and don't like feeling ripped off.

I don't get why people keep asking for 32Gb minimum... If you need the extra space, upgrade it! Buy the 32Gb version instead of the 16Gb version. Don't be tight and just go for the cheapest option and hope they change the cheapest option.

I can't see them making the "standard" iP5 32Gb... With the release of the 8Gb iP4 I think they'll stick with 16Gb this time around. If I'm wrong, I am prepared to eat my hat!

Why on earth is it "tight" to expect an upgrade to the minimum storage spec, when 32GB flash is now realistically cheap to produce, and there is no expansion slot in the iPhone? Seriously, I just don't understand silly comments like that which defend a manufacturers choice to be stingy on storage at the expense of the userbase. The iPhone is a true premium product, and the minimum specs of a device at this stage, especially considering Apples relatively slow upgrade cycle, should reflect that.

Indeed. 32GB really does need to be the minimum standard now. It isn't expensive and the worldwide mobile infrastructure cannot properly support mass media transfer at the moment, thus physical storage is essential.

Oh, and good luck recording 1080p HD video directly to your cloud storage. :p

Why on earth is it "tight" to expect an upgrade to the minimum storage spec, when 32GB flash is now realistically cheap to produce, and there is no expansion slot in the iPhone? Seriously, I just don't understand silly comments like that which defend a manufacturers choice to be stingy on storage at the expense of the userbase. The iPhone is a true premium product, and the minimum specs of a device at this stage, especially considering Apples relatively slow upgrade cycle, should reflect that.

This really, I think its somewhat criminal to be expected to pay £100 for 16gb more storage, given the current price of 64gb cards I would really wanna see 32gb be standard too.

I wonder if the new iPhone will record at 'retina' resolutions?

There's no point. TV/video is going to be 1080p for years yet - you might see BD players coming out now with 4k upscaling/support, a couple of 4k projectors and prototype 4k TVs, but not only have the various companies only recently agreed what the future standard (i.e. what will replace 720p and 1080p), it'll be a few years before the rich/luxury market can adopt 4k as a full standard and many more years before it becomes affordable for the average person. Monitors have always been years ahead (2k monitors have been around for a loooong time).

Also have you tried streaming a native 4k video on youtube lol, takes forever.

Not really. Hardware miniaturisation means more room in the phone for other stuff. Look at the recent pictures of the years old iPad prototype vs the iPad 1 - it was huge!

Yep, plus CABAC encoding would mean file sizes at WQHD (2560x1440) wouldn't be that much bigger than CAVLC 1080p from the iPhone 4S.

Wouldn't it be ideal for those with a retina iPad, retina Macbook, 27" iMac and retina TV? :D ...and a great marketing tool too.

If the new Iphone comes out with a bigger screen, I hope its not too big.

The GS3 screen looks amazing but what has been putting me off from buy it (same with the previous models) its too much of a 'handbag' phone. I need it to fit nicely in my pocket not stick out due to its size. I want a mobile phone not a mobile tablet pc.

The GS3 screen looks amazing but what has been putting me off from buy it (same with the previous models) its too much of a 'handbag' phone. I need it to fit nicely in my pocket not stick out due to its size. I want a mobile phone not a mobile tablet pc.

Judging from stuff on macrumors and other sites it'll only be a bit taller and not really much wider.

If that's the case it'll be good as like you I can't stand these overrly large phones out there.

It also looks like the headset jack is at the bottom of the phone. Which is brilliant!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1406280

Means it's easier to pocket the phone with earphones already plugged in.

Your pockets must be tiny, it goes in all of mine without issue (suit trousers/regular jeans/etc).

I would suggest that the SG3 would leave less of a bulge in the trousers then the iPhone because the SGS3 has a rounded back.

Back
Top Bottom