*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

[TW]Fox;22757284 said:
I love the EE website.

'Dont wait until you are home to download films'

Yea, right - because you'll be able to download films using the ridiculous bandwidth limits they are almost certain to impose.

It should really be unlimited. Surely what Orange are currently doing is horribly misleading to the average consumer and must be illegal in some way?

http://everythingeverywhere.com/201...s-ee-a-new-company-a-new-network-a-new-brand/

I work in London (placement year), and am at Uni in Bristol... so I'm covered :D.

Ooh, I hope it covers greater London too :p

Build quality is not just about whether it stays in one piece when you drop it. It's about how it feels in the hand when you're actually using it. No phone which is made primarily of plastic will ever feel as well-made as an iPhone.

Durability and build quality are not the same thing. I bet a £5 Casio watch could take at least as much punishment as a Rolex, but it certainly doesn't feel as well engineered. Part of the experience of owning 'nice' objects is appreciating their form and construction.

Last edited:
So the frequencies it supports LTE on are 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 850 MHz. http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/.
Everything Everywhere are launching their early 4G on 1800MHz.

When the Ofcom auction happens next year for the other networks that's going to be 800MHz and 2600MHz... So the current iPhone 5 handsets will never do LTE on anything apart from Everything Everywhere!

Presuming Three UK use the divested 1800Mhz from EE, they'll be on that band by the end of 2013.

However you are right, no LTE/4G on o2 or Vodafone.

Orange & T-Mobile today announced they will offer iPhone 5, the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, to customers in UK beginning Friday, September 21. For more information please visit: www.orange.co.uk/iphone5 or www.t-mobile.co.uk/iphone5. For more information on iPhone 5, please visit: www.apple.com/iphone.

Orange and T-Mobile iPhone 5 customers will also be able to move to EE – to get superfast 4G – when it launches in the coming weeks. They can register their interest at www.ee.co.uk.

Hmm, what about new EE customers?

Hmmm dont know if Im gonna get it now looking at the side by side comparison, dont think the screen being made longer but not wider makes it a great screen ratio - just seems to be a funny one...

Anyone got actual dimensions of the screen - I know its 1136x640 pixels?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Hmmm dont know if Im gonna get it now looking at the side by side comparison, dont think the screen being made longer but not wider makes it a great screen ratio - just seems to be a funny one...

Anyone got actual dimensions of the screen - I know its 1136x640 pixels?

• Retina display
  • 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
  • 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
  • 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
  • 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Yeah I want to know the physical dimensions to understand if they are rectangular or square pixels and the physical screen ratio compared to the previous phone and others on the market...

Dont think I can do that just based on the pixels and the pixel density

Build quality is not just about whether it stays in one piece when you drop it. It's about how it feels in the hand when you're actually using it. No phone which is made primarily of plastic will ever feel as well-made as an iPhone.

Durability and build quality are not the same thing. I bet a £5 Casio watch could take at least as much punishment as a Rolex, but it certainly doesn't feel as well engineered. Part of the experience of owning 'nice' objects is appreciating their form and construction.

Do you put you Rolex is a case as soon as you buy it too? The type of materials used to construct and give the quality feel, should also lend themselves to being durable so you can make the most of your device.

Also "No phone which is made primarily of plastic will ever feel as well-made as an iPhone." Erm.. can you see the future? New super hard, light, rigid plastic that feels better than aluminium and costs 1/50 of the price could be 5 years off.

Anyone reporting what the A6 chip actually is? Seem to be conflicting reports between it being Dual and Quad.

It'll be the dual-core A15, I'm fairly certain.

It's the best chip on the market.

Has to be quad surely? otherwise they would have just used the A5x

The new dual-core they've likely used is all new architecture. It's actually something that is class-leading at the moment. Faster, and more power efficient than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom