*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
I upgraded from a 4s to a 5s. Fingerprint scanner not worth the upgrade, screen size and processor speed are. 5c priced too close to the 5s and apple will drop the 5c price outside of their main retail channels so resale on the 5s should be stronger over 2 years.

As no App yet takes advantage of the 64 bit architecture of the 5s, it all depends on which form factor you prefer.

Remember that the 5c is basically an iPhone 5 with a polycarbonate case and additional LTE band support.

Picked the 5c over the 5s - prefer the feel of the 5c and don't need the speed bump of the 5s.

Thank you all.
I just ordered my 5c :cool:

Soldato
My fiancé is due an upgrade she currently spends £35 per month with o2 - She has been with them for 10 years, currently gets

- 600 mins
- Unlimited text
- 100mb of data :eek:

So best plan is to call and go through to retentions to get the best deal? ideally she wants a 5s or 5c - Is this possible with that monthly cost or if I say she is going to go elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Mart

Soldato
My fiancé is due an upgrade she currently spends £35 per month with o2 - She has been with them for 10 years, currently gets

- 600 mins
- Unlimited text

So best plan is to call and go through to retentions to get the best deal? ideally she wants a 5s or 5c - Is this possible with that monthly cost or if I say she is going to go elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Mart
My wife has just renewed with O2 for a 5S (did have a 4S on £42 a month deal). Retentions weren't interested in offering anything special to stay, so she ended up in store getting a 5S (£109 on the day), unlimited calls and txts, and 1Gb data. For a 5C, it would have been free. If cashback websites are offering money on iphone deals, that may be the best option to get something in return.

Soldato

- 600 mins
- Unlimited text

Many thanks in advance

Mart

This is my price plan, ordered it yesterday

calls:Unlimited
txt:Unlimited
data:1 GB
5 star cover:Yes
32gb 5c phone cost: £49
£37 a month

Vodafone

or you can pay £42 a month and get the same mins/txt but 2GB data and FREE phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pardon the newb question (My current 4S is my first iPhone).

What is the process for getting all my apps/music/contacts from 4S to my new 5C when it arrives?
I'm sure that if you backup your current phone to the Cloud, and then when you get your new phone, sign into the Cloud when you initially set it up, it will download all your apps etc... to your new device. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Soldato
My wife has just renewed with O2 for a 5S (did have a 4S on £42 a month deal). Retentions weren't interested in offering anything special to stay, so she ended up in store getting a 5S (£109 on the day), unlimited calls and txts, and 1Gb data. For a 5C, it would have been free. If cashback websites are offering money on iphone deals, that may be the best option to get something in return.

Thanks for this, I always thought calling in would offer the best deals, I forgot to mention she has a 4s currently so we could use that for spare cash

This is my price plan, ordered it yesterday

calls:Unlimited
txt:Unlimited
data:1 GB
5 star cover:Yes
32gb 5c phone cost: £49
£37 a month

Vodafone

or you can pay £42 a month and get the same mins/txt but 2GB data and FREE phone.

Thanks - Just had a chat and she is happy with a 16gb but would like the "S" rather than the "C" so will call and see what they say

Thanks guys

Soldato
Forgot to mention that my wife also went with 32Gb which is why she had to pay up front for the phone, 16Gb 5S was free.

I'll be aiming for a 16gb 5s in that case! I'm slightly cross that she has been paying £35 per month for 600 mins and 100mb of data, I wasn't involved in the last upgrade so will be making sure we get the best deal we can

Thanks guys

Soldato
I'm sure that if you backup your current phone to the Cloud, and then when you get your new phone, sign into the Cloud when you initially set it up, it will download all your apps etc... to your new device. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Smashing :)
My 4S does a auto backup to Cloud every night.

Clever iPhone

Soldato
I can't believe how much quicker and better looking (screen res) this is than my old 4S
feels nice in the hand too with the softer edges.

Edit to add:
Even though the 5C is bigger it doesn't feel any heavier if anything it might well be lighter.
Photo quality is the same so far (very good)
battery life is much the same so far too.

all in all very happy with it

thankyou you lot for you input

Last edited:
Soldato
What charging/data cable are people buying?

I need spares for work and home but all seem to have bad reviews

Ha I was going to ask that this morning!
I Need a few cables as I like to keep one in the car, a couple at home and one in the office.

Anyone? Anyone? .......Bueller? Bueller?
z-ferris.jpg

Back
Top Bottom