*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
Does anybody have any issues with the phone thinking that headphones are still connected? I have a feeling it's a software issue but am not 100% sure, would rather not swap unless necessary.

Soldato
I'm about to sell a new 5S, does the buyer need any sort of receipt for warranty purposes?

And can they sort any repairs out at an Apple store? or do they have to deal with the carrier?

Soldato
I'm about to sell a new 5S, does the buyer need any sort of receipt for warranty purposes?

And can they sort any repairs out at an Apple store? or do they have to deal with the carrier?

Shouldn't need a receipt, they usually just transfer it over to the new account if the new owner tells them. However, if you're willing to, you might as well give the receipt over.

Repairs are sorted at the Apple Store, not the carrier. However, legally, if the phone develops a fault and SOGA is to be used, you will need to get involved, and the place of purchase is who you'd deal with.

Soldato
I seem to have an issue with my 5 where the signal (EE) drops to one bar and I get no sms, data, until I restart the handset or soft reset, I have reset network settings to see if this corrects it

Anyone else had a similar issue, it's in Apple Care until August 2014

Took it to Watford Saturday and they exchanged for a nice new shiny unit, also took my 13" MBA in as I needed a screw in the base and they popped one in there and then

All good stuff!

Man of Honour
Finally jumped on the iPhone 5S bandwagon. I tried the new HTC One M8 which is a lovely phone but Android just isn't doing it for me, I love the way iOS works and the sheer quality of the apps and services, you take it for granted.

I do want a bigger screen so will likely go for the iPhone 6 towards the end of the year, but the 5S will do for now! I'm not expecting a big upgrade from my iPhone 5 but I'm sure the 5S will impress me all the same. I think the new space grey colour is a lot nicer than the slate black on the 5 for starters! :cool:

Soldato
Finally jumped on the iPhone 5S bandwagon. I tried the new HTC One M8 which is a lovely phone but Android just isn't doing it for me, I love the way iOS works and the sheer quality of the apps and services, you take it for granted.

I do want a bigger screen so will likely go for the iPhone 6 towards the end of the year, but the 5S will do for now! I'm not expecting a big upgrade from my iPhone 5 but I'm sure the 5S will impress me all the same. I think the new space grey colour is a lot nicer than the slate black on the 5 for starters! :cool:

Why the upgrade out of interest? If I still had my iPhone 5 and didn't get rid of it for the Nexus 4, I'd certainly still have it today rather than my 5S.

Man of Honour
Why the upgrade out of interest? If I still had my iPhone 5 and didn't get rid of it for the Nexus 4, I'd certainly still have it today rather than my 5S.

My iPhone 5 is knackered, so I needed a new phone either way. 5S the only option for now. It's great though, much the same but a definite improvement.

Back
Top Bottom