iPhone 6 Cases & Accessories

Soldato
Well I've packed up the thule atmos x3 ready to return to mobilefun, now I'm thinking of getting the tech21 classic frame flip which saw in carphone warehouse for £30(tho on the box it says classic shell flip) and a few sellers on eBay have it for £20. The tech21 site doesn't have a classic shell flip, has the classic frame flip.

When I filled out the return form on the mobilefun site I chose the refund option but I'm worried they'd just send me a replacement, or if they do refund they'll charge £3.55 tho it does say if the item is faulty or they sent the wrong item they don't charge only if it's returned due to change of mind.

Associate
Does it come with the screen cover and does the side of the bumper higher than the screen, have a lip, so the screen don't touch the table if you place it upside down?

Yes it has a very slight lip so the screen won't touch the table and it does come with a screen protector as steves1982 confirmed, but I had one on before.

Soldato
Anyone know of a good solid quality in car mount for sat nav use?

I bought one for £3 and as you would expect is a piece of tat that's gone straight in to the bin. Prefer something that's been designed for the 6+ rather than a multi purpose fit all type.

Associate
Anyone know of a good solid quality in car mount for sat nav use?

I bought one for £3 and as you would expect is a piece of tat that's gone straight in to the bin. Prefer something that's been designed for the 6+ rather than a multi purpose fit all type.

I bought THIS ONE, don't particularly like it but it works and it'll do for a fiver until I can get the attachment for my Just Mobile Xtand Go.

Soldato
I ordered a Rhino Shield bumper but couldn't wait for shipping having spent a day with the 6 plus doing it's best to escape my grasp, so I bit the bullet and got a tech21 D30 case and then ordered an Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass screen protector as it seems to protect without the 'feel' of a film.

I thought the 6 was big, but the 6 plus has been nicknamed 'fat boy' after it was too fat to fit in my car holder so that's next on the list :\

Last edited:
Soldato
Are they any good? Am after something that will give good drop protection! Seemed to have developed a habit of dropping my 5 in old age...

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered, I was impressed with their screen protector. I'll post up a review once it arrives, although I'll be trying to avoid any drop tests. :)

Soldato
I've ended up getting the tech21 Classic frame flip from the bay for £19.85, have returned the thule atmos x3 as mobilefun sent me the wrong colour also returned the InvisibleSHIELD screen protector to the rainforest as it turned out to be hd not hdx.
Think I'll go without a screen protector, the cover flap should stop the screen getting scratched up when phone is not in use or being charged(will have to leave the flap on to charge.

Soldato
The Tech21 D30 based stuff has saved the wife's 6 a few times, they may not be the most minimalist or stylish of cases but they do seem to work well. I'd be interested on feedback from people running different screen protectors as to which film protectors are any good as I plan on having a backup ready if/when the tempered glass version takes a hit.

Soldato
UltimateShield tempered glass screen protector arrived, I can only compare it to previous top end film based protectors on the 4s/5 but i'm much more confident in it's ability to withstand day to day use and accidental abuse, it feels great to the touch, I had to reposition it once and at £9.99 I don't think it's that expensive. For the sake of comparison i'm ordering a NuGlass for the wife's 6, the reviews i've read are good and i'd be interested to compare them as the NuGlass is a bit cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom