• iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
You can't make enough money.

?

Anyhow, June release, I very much doubt it. There have always been plenty of similar rumours for the last few generations, and they've always been released on at the same time (September 20th/21st). It's pretty consistent now.

Soldato
I'm hoping they'll keep the overall physical size as small as possible when they (inevitably) make the screen bigger. Edge to edge would be sweet... as would reducing the "wasted space" at the top and bottom of the phone.... but we'll see!

Will be interesting to see if they can/will make the 6 even thinner than the 5s. Given the latest rumours regarding the LCD tech they'll be employing - that might actually be the case :O Can't say i'm unhappy with the current thickness though! (that's what SHE said)

Soldato
The only feature I want is a Sapphire Crystal screen. I'm fed up with screens scratching from the lightest touch.

Associate
The more I think about it the more a larger screen size appeals. Most of my usage is web browsing, e-mail, etc. while out and about/at work, so a larger screen would help with that. A wider form factor would also make the phone more comfortable to use in general as I've always found iPhones a bit small for my bear hands.

I don't want something too big of course, but something similar to the concepts that have been posted online would be perfect. I can't really think of much else that would have me really wanting to upgrade from the 5 at the moment.

Soldato
lol I wish,

mine comes off charge at 5-6am and is normally dead by 3 and that's intermittent use

Mine was like this... reset your network settings (I think it is those settings) and you'll get much better battery life. I had a similar problem and I couldn't fathom why my battery was going down so quickly. Having read around it turned out to be something with the network settings. Quick reset, off and on, and it was much better (lasts 2 days now - just about)

Soldato
As sbi5ar said, resetting network settings often helps. Other tweaks you can make though:

General > Background App Refresh: I have all of them turned off aside from Google Maps (so it can continue navigating in the background). Some apps may want this enabled to sync data in the background (eg. Evernote); as it only needs to sync a small amount of data I leave this disabled. Chat apps will use push notifications and therefore shouldn't need to run in the background - only the poorer apps will take ages to load when opened again (Google Hangouts comes to mind).

Privacy > Location Services: I leave all of these on, as for the most part apps will not use them unless they are required. I disable all the system ones apart from Compass Calibration and Setting Time Zone. You may want to disable Today view in Notification Center, as this checks your location virtually every time you open it.

Mobile/Cellular > Enable 4G: In my area 4G isn't available yet. If you have this enabled it'll be searching for 4G networks unnecessarily. Only just turned this one off as I forgot about it, but hopefully I'll see a decent increase in battery life.

Caporegime
Instead of making the phone slimmer, I'd much rather a big battery be put in there.

This and a big screen for me would be the ticket.

Big screen will require a big battery. Along with the update to more powerful hardware etc.

So you end up with a similar amount of usage time again.

It just go arounds in circles.

Caporegime
well if that's the way it works, why do my ipads last for weeks.

You never use yours once in a few weeks and leave it sit there?

I charge mine every other night because I actually use it.

And because proportionality, the iPad has the same hardware basically as a phone, but it has a much bigger battery running the same OS.

Sure, out a iPad size battery in your phone, make it last for weeks. I mean that doesn't really work does it....do you really want to use your iPad as a phone?

Last edited:
Soldato
Big screen will require a big battery. Along with the update to more powerful hardware etc.

So you end up with a similar amount of usage time again.

It just go arounds in circles.

Not really, the A7 can handle the iPad Air/rMini so it would be fine for a bigger iPhone, off course well get one thats faster next year but it won't have to be a change to make it more power hungry like we had with the transition from iPad 2 -> iPad 3.

The rest of the hardware should improve too, things like radio's are always being pushed to take less battery life. Also sleep/standby should be a lot better now given the bigger battery, talk time too. Unless they included something new that totally rips apart the battery life or go crazy thin things should improve.

The Air was able to trim a good deal of its battery mostly due to the A7.

Back
Top Bottom