• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Hi Guys

Whats the best deal for an iPhone 6 64GB at the moment, wifes contract is up in Jan and o2 signal and packages are rubbish, looking to move her to EE same as myself if I can..

Sorry couldn't see a similar thread

Thanks

Mart

Hi Guys

Whats the best deal for an iPhone 6 64GB at the moment, wifes contract is up in Jan and o2 signal and packages are rubbish, looking to move her to EE same as myself if I can..

Sorry couldn't see a similar thread

Thanks

Mart

Have you thought about buying the phone direct from Apple and using a sim only plan with it?

Works out cheaper but just a higher initial outlay.

You'll pay £539 for a 64GB Iphone 6 Direct from Apple which won't be locked to EE, then on EE you can get Unlimited texts and minutes and 4GB of data for £21 a month, in total over 2 years this would cost you £792.
http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6/4.7-inch-display-64gb-space-grey
http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-phones - 4th one down on that list.

Buying the iphone from EE and choosing the same plan will cost you £50 for the phone and £50 a month for 2 years, costing you £1250.

iPhone 6S plus has to be the best option. Especially in space grey! Cmon the normal iPhone size is way to small, if everyone went and tried the plus they wouldn't turn back

Not true... I found the 6+ too large to be comfortable... so went back to normal size (albeit Samsung S6 Edge).

Buttttt... then I ended up with a 6s+ and I prefer it... lol

Apple get criticised for form over function all the time - now its function over form people still aren't happy. The reviews are quite positive though - end of they day that type of product is always going to look a bit naff.

Firstly, if you look at it just form function its still lacking, it always chargers when its plugged in which is not ideal (Most 3rd party cases have a toggle so you can only charge when you need too), it has what is really a small battery, and all reviews have said it doesn't even offer a 100% charger. There is another case that has no chin on it at all. I don't think they have the functionally high ground on this.

Honestly too me it looks like an sample that some tech dude did and they where like looks cool lets ship it.

Also people are never happy, but if they raise concerns about something you can't just use that as an excuse too shut them up. Its a case, its a subjective device that is always visible when the phone is out. At the very least they could have had a few styles.

My initial thought after seeing the pictures was WTF were Apple thinking, but once you think about it and realise the design constraints due to Mophie's patents it kind of makes sense..

Lol, you think anyone cares about those patents, theres already a lot of cases out their and Apple doesn't care if anything happens Mophie will just be tied up, and if somehow turned bad for Apple they would just buy them.

Think about it logically, basically everything is behind some patent, if someone farts they get a patent for it these days, Apple does it, everyone else does. But then imagine the amount of time it would take for them too find every single patent related too or even close too a a thing they want too build, then and only then do they build that thing.

Finally they said it was a not the reason for any of the choices.

Also is getting it in/out a benefit. If its the case that I have to remove this thing often and only use it when I do it starts too lose a lot of benefit over just a power bank. If I keep it on all the time (Which is what I've seen anyone with a battery case do) then it seems like the whole design is starting too fall apart.

Personally I would have expected something better, maybe something that made use of the battery tech inside the Macbook One too offer a better shape too the device, and maybe remove the chin. I really dislike the idea that it just chargers right away without any user control over it. I would ideal use such a device only when I needed too.

Firstly, if you look at it just form function its still lacking, it always chargers when its plugged in which is not ideal (Most 3rd party cases have a toggle so you can only charge when you need too), it has what is really a small battery, and all reviews have said it doesn't even offer a 100% charger. There is another case that has no chin on it at all. I don't think they have the functionally high ground on this.

You're wrong it doesn't charge the phone - the phone runs off the case until the charge runs out then switches to the phone battery. This is superior to any other case as it saves battery cycles.

Ultimately this is a niche product but other options exist. Meh.

Patents aside, after using it for a few days I quite like the way they've designed it now.

It might looks a little ridiculous at first glance having the bulge, but by doing it this way they've minimised the overall bulk significantly. It feels much butter to hold than the larger battery cases I've seen, which I've held off from buying personally as I've felt they were too bulky. This is the first one I saw that I felt I could use on a daily basis, is comfortable to hold and wouldn't have any issues with it being too big in my pockets.

As N111ck mentioned above, apparently this design is better on the phones battery life than the other cases due to the way it charges.

Quora post on it here

Other things to note, channeling the speaker to direct it towards the viewer is better for watching videos, a nice touch. Although, I'm slightly worried the mic might be stifled slightly by the small hole. Siri doesn't seem to be picking up what I'm saying as well as when I just had the normal case on it, which didn't block the hole. This is in a quiet home environment too, with no background noise.

I've recently made the switch to using Philips Hue bulbs as 80% of my home lights with the new homekit enabled bridge, so I use Siri a lot more than I used to. That's my only real concern so far, only a bit more use will dictate how much of an issue that is :p

iFixit teardown for anyone interested:
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Smart+Battery+Case+Teardown/53762

One thing I don't understand is how the case only provides 80% of the iPhone charge when it has a larger battery (7.13Whr vs the iPhone's 6.55Whr).
You can't charge a battery with 100% efficiency. It's why the majority of charges and cases recommend topping up when the device is sitting between 40% and 80% charge.

You're wrong it doesn't charge the phone - the phone runs off the case until the charge runs out then switches to the phone battery. This is superior to any other case as it saves battery cycles.

Ultimately this is a niche product but other options exist. Meh.

Was basing this off reviews which said it would start charging the device away (The Verge).

Personally I would like the idea of a case thats maybe a bit thicker then the current leather ones, that offered maybe 20% more battery life, used similar battery tech as the MacBook so they could have a better/more natural shape.

Got a 6S Plus today, was on android for past 3 years.

Whats the must have apps these days ? Also what cool features are on the phone?

Thanks

Guess the one feature android won't have (yet) is 3D Touch. It's one of those features you dismiss as kinda pointless yet end up using all the time regardless, until you realise that actually it's a real time saver and useful thing to have.

Pop + Peek stuff for the most part I'm not super into, its not much faster then just click something then swiping back too go back, also typically if I peek I need to open so it turned out longer for me. I really liked it for multi tasking, force touch from the left side and it will open the multi tasking menu, force touch and swipe across and it just switches tasks quickly. The quick launch stuff is great, I was doing it on my Nexus 6P abit when I first switch too it.

So I've had an iPhone 6s for a few days after using Android solidly for the last two years (used iOS before that) and I hate to start a rant but...what does iOS 9 actually do better than Android?

Is it more fluid? No. It lags just as much as Android does. I often see dropped frames on my iPhone. Is it faster? It might be but the ridiculously long animations make everything seem slow. Are the apps better? Not the ones I use, they seem exactly the same.

It's not worse than Android, I'd say it's almost exactly the same. I just cannot find anything about it that would make me want to switch (back).

I find the accuracy of the touch and predictive algorithms on iOS to be much better... Much fewer mis-presses and spelling mistakes.

I think iOS feels nicer polished and I distinctly get fewer issues with iOS than I've had with android.

I went iPhone 6+ to Samsung S6E to 6s+

The Samsung was quicker than the last get iPhone... But the newer 6s+ is easily on-par speed wise.

I'm happy I moved back.

It may simply be personal preference... But the devices feel better made and iOS feels nicer to use.

So I've had an iPhone 6s for a few days after using Android solidly for the last two years (used iOS before that) and I hate to start a rant but...what does iOS 9 actually do better than Android?

Is it more fluid? No. It lags just as much as Android does. I often see dropped frames on my iPhone. Is it faster? It might be but the ridiculously long animations make everything seem slow. Are the apps better? Not the ones I use, they seem exactly the same.

It's not worse than Android, I'd say it's almost exactly the same. I just cannot find anything about it that would make me want to switch (back).

I know where you're coming from, I've got the Nexus 6P as well as the 6S+
I'm going to write a Medium post soon about what I like more about iOS, but in a nutshell I find it to be a more reliable platform on the whole. That and the battery life on the 6S+ is nothing short of fantastic, especially under heavy use.

Back
Top Bottom