• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Me too... I jailbroke my iphone 3g to try it... ended up putting it back to standard... again for my 4, just because I wanted to play with it... but again put it back to standard pretty sharpish.

Haven't wasted my time again since... I couldn't really care less about coloured icons vs stability and what I use my phone for, all default apps/options are well suited to it.

Soldato
I would take the inherent security and ongoing support of iOS over the possibility of having different coloured icons.

If your on M you get pretty much the same security as iOS, granted its on a small subset of Android devices. Android is pretty much as secure as iOS, most of the crap is just apps that want extra permissions or you need to root your device, install a dodge 3rd party App store then you have a chance of getting any real virus. Which isn't too difference too the experience on iOS where you can get virus from those Chinese app stores people use too pirate apps once they jailbreak.

Me too... I jailbroke my iphone 3g to try it... ended up putting it back to standard... again for my 4, just because I wanted to play with it... but again put it back to standard pretty sharpish.

Haven't wasted my time again since... I couldn't really care less about coloured icons vs stability and what I use my phone for, all default apps/options are well suited to it.

For my iPhone 6 I had it mostly jailbreak, I really noticed no difference between the 2 and had no issues. Their is still a large amount of very useful jailbreak apps outside of changing how things look. I disliked icon packs on iOS since it takes a lot of work too get everything looking exactly how you want it (Maybe theres a nice icon for the mailapp but not mailbox then you have to go into the file system, change names of icons etc etc).

Apps like Activator really do change how you use your phone and make life so much easier. CCSettings was useful too get exactly what nodes I wanted into quick settings, Flux is always useful (I think its part of the appstore now?). DetailedBatteryUsage was another I really liked, BioLockDown I used too extend touchID too lock more then just my phone. FolderEnhancer I used cause the 3x3 grid for folders was stupid, why should I scroll when I have so much space.

When I upgraded too iOS9 I missed them, it does really enhance your device, but it also takes awhile too get a jailbreak these days which is meh, either your on an older OS version or missing out on your jailbreak lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
If your on M you get pretty much the same security as iOS, granted its on a small subset of Android devices. Android is pretty much as secure as iOS, most of the crap is just apps that want extra permissions or you need to root your device, install a dodge 3rd party App store then you have a chance of getting any real virus. Which isn't too difference too the experience on iOS where you can get virus from those Chinese app stores people use too pirate apps once they jailbreak.

As you say the latest version of Android is only on a tiny subset of devices - the lack of proper support sucks, not knowing when or if the latest version will come to your device. I don't buy that Android is as secure as iOS but regardless if there is a security issue I know Apple will fix asap.

Soldato
The vibration on my 6s plus has changed, it makes a horrible rattling sound. I will contact my carrier as the phone is on contract, and only 2 months old.

I'm wondering if they will sort it out for me, or will they tell me to go to an Apple store?

Soldato
It won't be a new phone technically. It will be refurbished.

It's practically new. The replacement phones are units that failed QC and needed to be looked at in production. This usually involves a unit that got damaged and thus had a new casing put on or reported a hardware issue on final testing so needs a part replaced.

Mobster
Soldato
It's practically new. The replacement phones are units that failed QC and needed to be looked at in production. This usually involves a unit that got damaged and thus had a new casing put on or reported a hardware issue on final testing so needs a part replaced.

I always thought it was devices which customers returned or were faulty and then have been returned to brand new condition.

Back
Top Bottom