iPhone help, which model?

Man of Honour
Hey all,

So I'm off to help another friend tomorrow upgrade their iPhone, they currently have an old SE 4.7" thing, which I think was a 2020 model?

They want something bigger, so I've been looking at the iPhone 13, they don't want or need the latest and greatest but is the 13 worth getting or is it worth considering the 14 for any reason?

Any insights would be great, as I've mentioned previously I'm an android guy, so this is an unknown for me.

Thanks

Not worth getting the 14 for any reason IMO.

iPhone 14 has
  • Same processor as 13 (A15 Bionic) and one extra GPU Core
  • 6GB RAM vs 4GB on the 13
  • SOS Satellite functionality
  • Action Mode
That's it, unless they want a bigger phone than the 13 then you'd have to look at 14 plus.

Last edited:
Hey all,

So I'm off to help another friend tomorrow upgrade their iPhone, they currently have an old SE 4.7" thing, which I think was a 2020 model?

They want something bigger, so I've been looking at the iPhone 13, they don't want or need the latest and greatest but is the 13 worth getting or is it worth considering the 14 for any reason?

Any insights would be great, as I've mentioned previously I'm an android guy, so this is an unknown for me.

Thanks
Hope your friend is sorted, the 13 is worthwhile, the 14 was a bit of a damp squib.

The 13 Pro was the first iPhone to get a 120hz screen and might be on sale.

Let us know what you went for in the end!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info, it really helped. They were set on getting an iPhone 13 when a friend popped over and had the 12, so they could get an idea of the sizing etc, it was a good job as they still wanted something bigger, so they settled on the 15 Pro Max!! :rolleyes::D got it on contract and paying similar to the rubbish deal they got for the old SE a few years back!!

Just purchased a 13Pro Max from Backmarket. 12 Month Garuntee and in Mint condition for £500 .

The misses looked at it and asked why had she spent £1200 on a 15 ? I think the last three Generations have not been enough advancement to warrant any upgrade from a 13 .

Last edited:
iphone 12 or 13

dont go spending too much, depreciation on expensive phones is absolutely horrific

I’m rocking the 13 mini and love the size. I wish the battery life was a bit better but it lasts me all day 99% of the time.

The max would be an interesting choice for a phone/iPad combo but don’t think I could get used to its size in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom