iPhone to Samsung

Soldato
Anyone here moved from a iPhone to Samsung.
I am really thinking getting the new s22 ultra. Reasoning being I believe typing on these Samsung is easier as the word correct itself better than the apple ??

Associate
I used an iPhone 13 pro max for a week recently (long term Android user). The experience was more positive than I expected, but one of the key things I really missed from Android was the number key row on the keyboard and the auto correct on the Google Keyboard (which you can install and use instead of the Samsung keyboard). The level of configurability of the Google keyboard (size, colour, number row etc.) means you can set it up just as you like.

Soldato
OP
I used an iPhone 13 pro max for a week recently (long term Android user). The experience was more positive than I expected, but one of the key things I really missed from Android was the number key row on the keyboard and the auto correct on the Google Keyboard (which you can install and use instead of the Samsung keyboard). The level of configurability of the Google keyboard (size, colour, number row etc.) means you can set it up just as you like.

Did you find typing on the android easier as the keyboard better and the auto correct works better ?

Associate
Did you find typing on the android easier as the keyboard better and the auto correct works better ?

I have an iPhone 12 for work and find it incredibly slow to type on vs SwiftKey on my P30 Pro. The word previews on the IPhone lag and it all feels clunky in comparison. The autocorrect on SwiftKey is great and learns over time.

I've not tried the Google keyboard but saw someone here saying they feel it is now better than SwiftKey.

I also used the default Samsung keyboard on the S22 Ultra and even that felt better than the iPhone, though not as good SwiftKey, although in fairness I didn't take time to try to set it up.

Soldato
Isn't GBoard available on iOS as well? Haven't tried it myself since I don't have an iOS device but the auto correct on that should be similar. SwiftKey is also available too so could give that a try before buying a new phone.

Soldato
OP
Isn't GBoard available on iOS as well? Haven't tried it myself since I don't have an iOS device but the auto correct on that should be similar. SwiftKey is also available too so could give that a try before buying a new phone.
I have just downloaded it so will see what it like.

Associate
I moved from 12 Pro Max to S22 Ultra and love the move. Only down side is my Brother and mother both have iphones / ipads so i have had to get them to switch to Whatsapp which was a little painful. So far i am not missing my iphone at all

Soldato
OP
I moved from 12 Pro Max to S22 Ultra and love the move. Only down side is my Brother and mother both have iphones / ipads so i have had to get them to switch to Whatsapp which was a little painful. So far i am not missing my iphone at all

but they could have still use apple message just not images otherwise be charged

Soldato
Are you a big Apple pay user? That's the only thing stopping me from moving away from Apple, it's just so much better than what Samsung and Google Pay can offer.

Soldato
OP
Are you a big Apple pay user? That's the only thing stopping me from moving away from Apple, it's just so much better than what Samsung and Google Pay can offer.

Yes I use Apple Pay a lot online with my phone and my watch.

So Samsung pay and Google pay not good then

Soldato
Yes I use Apple Pay a lot online with my phone and my watch.

So Samsung pay and Google pay not good then
When you're spoilt by how good Apple pay is, Samsung pay doesn't compare.

People always say Samsung pay is instant like Apple pay but it's not, having recently used it, it's slower, sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to register and for some strange reason always took longer to show on my banking whereas Apple pay shows a pending transaction almost immediately.

Soldato
OP

People always say Samsung pay is instant like Apple pay but it's not, having recently used it, it's slower, sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to register and for some strange reason always took longer to show on my banking whereas Apple pay shows a pending transaction almost immediately.
Yup Apple Pay just works like all apple does I suppose. What did you try out. Have you gone back to apple ?

what ever you tried what did you like better on that compare to apple ?

Soldato

Huh, what phones have you used?

I've been using Google Pay for years and it's instant with HSBC, Monzo and Revolut. Don't even need to have the app open, just unlock the phone and it's ready to tap. This was for my Nexus 6P, Xperia XZP, OP7TP and currently Pixel 6 Pro.

On the other hand I do notice Samsung Pay struggling to work on my Galaxy Watch 3 with Curve but wasn't sure if that was due to struggling to find the sweet spot on the watch itself or Samsung Pay.

Soldato
Yup Apple Pay just works like all apple does I suppose. What did you try out. Have you gone back to apple ?

what ever you tried what did you like better on that compare to apple ?
I had the Samsung S21 for around 4 weeks but ended up back at Apple in no time as the user experience is just better, built better, cleaner os, I'd say the android notification system is better than Apple and I like having an Always on Display.

Soldato
Huh, what phones have you used?

I've been using Google Pay for years and it's instant with HSBC, Monzo and Revolut. Don't even need to have the app open, just unlock the phone and it's ready to tap. This was for my Nexus 6P, Xperia XZP, OP7TP and currently Pixel 6 Pro.

On the other hand I do notice Samsung Pay struggling to work on my Galaxy Watch 3 with Curve but wasn't sure if that was due to struggling to find the sweet spot on the watch itself or Samsung Pay.
I bank with Santander so maybe their systems work differently but it was just annoying not having transactions appear immediately when using Samsung pay.

Soldato
OP
I had the Samsung S21 for around 4 weeks but ended up back at Apple in no time as the user experience is just better, built better, cleaner os, I'd say the android notification system is better than Apple and I like having an Always on Display.
Did you not miss customising. I suppose that can soon wear off

Back
Top Bottom