IPS monitor + TN monitor?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I have now posted various threads, trying to decide which monitor/s to purchase. I came to the conclusion yesterday that I am probably just going to buy one LG W2363D monitor. I was originally going to buy dual IPS monitors but I am too worried about problems with games.

So my question is, what is the best combination of IPS and TN monitor? Like I said, I was thinking of the W2363D as the TN, but I am open to suggestions. My main worry is them looking too different to each other. So ones as similar as possible (obviously physical looks).

So what do you guys think?

Many thanks :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all of the responses. I like the look of the Asus one to go with the W2363D monitor. However from basically all of your responses it sounds like you guys think I should still get IPS monitor. I am just worried about gaming on an IPS!

What do you guys think to the U2312HM? From what I have heard people seem to be having a buzzing problem with it.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, thanks for your responses. Gaming is something I won't be doing all the time, but when I am gaming it will be all genres. FPS games are one of my favourites as well. So could IPS be too slow?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all of the responses guys, I have just been reading through them. This still leaves me with quite a dilema because from what I understand it is more about personal choice. I get the understanding that a good all rounder is an IPS monitor.

If I go back to talking about the Dell U2312HM for now. Those of you that have or have had this monitor. What is it like for gaming? Is there trailing or anything like this?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses again. I just wanted to know if anybody has tried gaming on a U2312HM, by gaming I really mean FPS. The only thing I am concerned about is the response time on an IPS.

Soldato
OP
It depends on the FPS title you're playing. I tested Bad Company 2 on a U2312HM and found the action on foot pretty decent. You get a small amount of trailing but nothing major for the most part. When stafing or quickly turning around the textures certainly don't maintain the same degree of sharpness you'd see on a 120Hz monitor. If you up the pace of the action (get yourself on an ATV for example) then things can start to get a bit ugly. I found the BF3 beta (which doesn't officially support any vehicles) to be very playable too but with the same caveats as BC2. What I couldn't hack on that monitor was Gymkhana on Dirt 3. But that's another thing entirely.

Thanks for that. That is extremely helpful. This is what lead me to the initial decision of getting one IPS and one 120Hz monitor. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks a lot though!

Back
Top Bottom