IRQ sharing

Associate
My graphics card is sharing an IRQ with my network card (PCI 18). Is there any way to change this without moving the card into a different slot? It's in pci slot 3 (the network card that is) and according to the manual that's not supposed to share an IRQ with anything. I don't know if this is the source of the freezes and instability i've been having (probably not) but i'd like to see if it makes a difference.
Everything else is got it's own IRQ.

Cheers for the replies. It was a last ditch, long shot. I'm stumped as to the cause of the problem.
RAM:Tried it with only one stick, tried different slots even bought some RAM to test and be 100%. Memtest86+ runs 25 hours without a sinle error.
PSU: The freezes are so random and seem to happen regardless of the load on the computer. All the windows tasts have shown the V rails to be stable and withing acceptable limits. Also the progressive deterioration, in that the freezes have become more frequent and also the way that a reformat temporarily (2 months) fixed the problem would suggest it's not.

I'm totally stumped as to the problem so i'm replacing the mobo to see if that makes a difference.

I've run chkdisk a few times and not found anything and i've used prime and sandra on the cpu without problems. The difficulty is testing whther any changes have worked as there's no way i've found to reproduce the freeze with 100% accuracy. It's so random that it may appear fine for days and then suddenly go into spasms.
I'll try downloading the disk checker from the seagate website though. Wasn't sure how that worked with striped disks so i hadn't tried it.

Back
Top Bottom