Is a GOXLR mini compatible with Astro A50 headphones

Associate
HI guys. ..

Real sound noob here.

I'd like to use the XLR to pipe sounds into my chat when gaming with mates. I'm concerned, being they are wireless, that it won't work.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this so I thought I'd try here.

I connect the headlphones to the PC optical and then there's a station (device ) that enables the wireless portion of it and I'm not sure it'll work with the XLR that seems to want the old 3.5 mm jack as a connection.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
I cannot see how this can work because they are two completely separate audio devices (if the A50 base station is connected via optical to the PC motherboard/sound card). It's similar to when someone asks if they can use a USB headset with a sound card. A sound card, like the GoXLR can only output sound to anything connected directly to it.

The only way it would be able to work is if the A50 base station were connected to the GoXLR. I see there is an optical port, but a quick look at the manual and I can only see that is for connection from a console, which would make it audio in. It would need to output audio to use with the A50's optical connection.

Only way I can see it could work, is if the A50 base station were connected to the GoXLR using 3.5mm audio aux connection.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. The Base station for the phones has an optical in and out. I'm hoping that will work.

If the device was cheaper I wouldn't be beino so cautious but it's a lot of cash if the seller doesn't like the return, as is so often the case with PC hardware.

Back
Top Bottom