Is B Grade stuff worth bothering with?

Its like taking candy from a baby!

Got a Asus A8V Deluxe for peanuts. Sure the box was bit tattered, but all the contents were there nicely packed. Other thing people forget, B-Grade stock is thoroughly tested stuff, if you get from the right places like OcUK.

Oh, sometime back picked up a b-grade mobo from some other shop. Arrived as DOA and they replaced it with a Asus A7N8X-E, best Socket 462 board! In fact sold it off for slightly more than the price of the B-Grade A8V Deluxe :D

How about - 2 x 6800GS (PCI-E) - £60+VAT, P4 630, £60+VAT? I also had a motherboard, but that didn't work :(

Never mind. I bought myself a full-price one as it was still cheap compared to the competition.

Bottom line is it will either work or it won't. Think of it as very lightly used second hand stuff that has a 14 day guarantee.

hp7909 said:
Oh, sometime back picked up a b-grade mobo from some other shop. Arrived as DOA and they replaced it with a Asus A7N8X-E, best Socket 462 board! In fact sold it off for slightly more than the price of the B-Grade A8V Deluxe :D

I got one of them at the mo, with my Barton 2500+ @ 2.2ghz, very nice board!

Just had a look at B grade stuff, some good deal. I may try a few when it comes to building my own PC in a couple of monthes.. I suppose the Hard Drives have been wiped and don't come full of someone elses files? lol

wilders said:
So there you go, seems b grade is all new stuff well worth bothering with....if you want to save a few quid!
they're not new stuff, they have been used by other people but they've been sent back... they're fully working however.. if anything is seriously wrong with them, just ship them back to OcUK because they come with a 14 day warrenty.

i'm gutted my payday came a few days later than the BIG MA-HOO-SIVE B-Grade/Clearance section sales... some nice monitors and graphics cards on there i really had my eyes on :(

nikebee said:
they're not new stuff, they have been used by other people but they've been sent back... they're fully working however.. if anything is seriously wrong with them, just ship them back to OcUK because they come with a 14 day warrenty.

I'm probably completely wrong, but I reckon some of it is ex-staff kit as it's very difficult to get it in the shop. I was told unequivocally by the salesperson in the shop that something was sold, then I bet him I could order it online (he lost) - does someone nip home at lunchtime and swap their graphics card out or something?) and they use a different computer system for stock control of B-grades.

The other thing is, that despite what it says on the website, a lot of the clearance stuff is also B-grade ie. the boxes have been opened and parts are missing.

some of the b-grade stuff is brand new, i remember picking up a top of the range motherboard from the shop for 1/3 of the price of a new one, and to my astonishment when i looked at it before purchasing, it was all sealed, board, leads, backplate, cds, the lot.

Monstermunch said:
I got one of them at the mo, with my Barton 2500+ @ 2.2ghz, very nice board!
maybe you bought it, cos also had a Barton 2500+ :rolleyes: But wish i'd waited just a-bit longer (& saved up more) to do a proper 64-bit upgrade :(

Back
Top Bottom