Is car write off?

Associate
Hi I was involved in an accident yesterday, just wondering if anyone can shed some light. Its the first time this has happened, I have sent photos to FMG (approved repairer) and they will check. But i am a bit anxious and thought I would ask people who are more experienced such as here.

The car has been pushed towards the passenger side. Bonnet is stuck does not open. Bottom tray is hanging down and scrapes the floor. But it does drive.

Do you think the car is a write off? I have only had it 2 weeks, it was 9k with 46k mileage

The pictures are below.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The bonnet is bent from the drivers headlight and has been pushed over the wing on passenger side. It also does not open anymore (looks like the catch inside is bent)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys. In terms of speed, I was going straight at a roundabout, I was probably 5/7 mph. A car came speeding through the middle of the mini roundabout from my front right and hit me, he was probably doing 20/25. Not insured, says he has traders, although ill leave that for the insurance to sort. Bradford for you.

Associate
OP
That and the extortionate cost of a hire car whilst it’s repaired.
FMG will apparently provide me a courtesy. But they are looking for their people to inspect the pictures and see if it is economically viable, if so send quote to insurance and see what they have to say

Associate
OP
Thanks guys they are now saying it is a write off, offering £100 less than what I paid a few weeks ago, which is fair. Do you think it would be wise to buy it back off them and get it repaired?

Back
Top Bottom