• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Centrino Core Duo 64 bit?

Soldato
I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows Vista and have both copies in front of me, but I dont know if the cpu in my laptop is 64bit or not.

It's a Dell XPS M1710 with Intel Centrino Duo 2.33.

Associate
oweneades said:
Is it a core 2 duo based laptop (2.33ghz I assume means the latest proessors wtih 667fsb and 4mb cache?!)

If so then yes it is 64 bit enabled.

source:

http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/duo/index.htm

He said Intel Core Duo, ie most likely a T2700, pre EM64T

Although you are right, if there is mean to be a 2 in there, it is 64 bit. But 32bit is where its at anyways.

[EDIT]He actually said "Intel Centrino Duo 2.33."
Which could actually be a Core 2 Duo or a Core Duo.... One supporting EM64T one not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed there are 2, there are the T2 series which are core duo which as you say are 32 bit only based on the yonah core.

Then there is core 2 duo with T5 and T7 series names based on conroe (codename merom) but with variances. (power consumption etc).

It will obviously depend on which model the dell came with.

Soldato
OP
cpu-z.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom