is changing the fan on the heatsink easy to replace?

Associate
ok, might sound a silly quetion but i have a xp-120 heartsink and the fan on it at the moment is only about 1500 rpm, its classed as a silent one.

I want to replace it with a better fan, am not to bothered about the noise, i have orded 2 fans to see which is noisier to see if i can bear the noise and if not use the other one, the 2 have orded are:

Delta 120mm Focussed Flow Fan
YS-TECH FD1238 120mm Fan

If i unclip the older one which has been also put together with ties as well which will need to be split off for extra security will these oens just clip on easy without having to mess about to much with the case / board?

thanks

Should do if the xp120 is anything like the xp90c i had, easy as pie. They are kinda like spring clips pull them up and hinge them over the fan. Bit difficult to explain but hopefully will be obvious once you try.

kool ye it looks like that, when my pc was built u know them little small plastic ties u use to tie cables up, well they had also been put round each corner as well, i guess it seems a good idea actualy to make sure the fan stays in place if knocked.

Back
Top Bottom