• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Frame pacing fixed on Crossfire?

Soldato
Are the frame pacing issues fixed on crossfire now. I never had any real problems with crossfire but have found SLI a bit smoother in the past.

Someone is offering me another 290X. Would basically work out free. Not sure whether to sell it or keep it and go crossfire?

I game at 1440P, opinions appreciated.

Use both, or sell one keep the other?

Soldato
OP
Cheers LT.

Go for it Boom. Makes good sense.

It's not gonna cost me anything, but I'm aware as soon as I open it up, it loses value. I could just sell it brand new and profit now... Hmm :confused:

Suppose I could run both of them and then sell them both when 20nm cards drop. Probably still be worth a fair chunk in 6 - 12 months..

Am crap at decision making when it comes to my PC, as my erratic upgrading and downgrading of hardware shows :p

Not so bad when it doesn't cost you anything though..

Soldato
OP
It's a done deal on the card. should arrive tomorrow. Still not sure whether to just sell it and profit, or run Crossfire..

No doubt when it arrives tomorrow the temptation to install it will be to much for me.. I am a hardware whore :(

:D

Soldato
OP
That's a pretty good score graphics considering your clocks. Here's mine from back a few months back on 13.12 WHQL on 290P crossfire.

[email protected]
290P crossfire@1275/1625
13.12 WHQL

SCORE
P22228 with AMD Radeon R9 290(2x) and CPU information missing
Graphics Score 32678
Physics Score 12154
Combined Score 10316

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/8308836

Nice clocks. Don't quite understand why mine is similar score? Your CPU clock is insane :p

GPU's were 1150 / 1350 . 4770K @ 4.4Ghz.

I do likey these 290X's. Another bonus is they can heat u the house while gaming. should have got these back in winter...

Back
Top Bottom