Is Gamepass worth it just for exclusives?

Soldato
I've always bought MS exclusives (Forza, Halo and Gears) and trying to work out if it's worth me having Gamepass instead. I've already bought all exclusives up to Forza 7 but obviously I'm looking at FH4 and future releases on Gamepass. Looking at the list of games available I own or not interested in 90% of them but I still think it might be worth it as long as all exclusives are available on Gamepass?

Assuming it's worth it whats the absolute best / cheapest deal to go for?

Soldato
I was thinking the same recently, have had GP a few times and like you the exclusives are what Im only really interested in, it is worth it still though, but for me I occasionally like to get the special edition of a game so I tend to buy the exclusives instead.
As it stands Im letting my GP lapse, if you only ever buy standard editions of games, get GP.

Obviously there is some other decent games on there as well worth playing, but I just don't get the time.

Soldato
I’ve thought about this for months.... the problem I see is that if your playing a game online I tend to stick to that game for months on end . To the extent I don’t play games I’ve got in my library.

I I’ve just stopped playing online multiplayer to focus on playing games and try to complete them. I bought just cause 3 on the cheap on Xbox months ago. Started playing it 3 weeks ago. First game I’ve actually completed a campaign in years. Doing as much as the extras as I can now.

Soldato
OP
I was thinking the same recently, have had GP a few times and like you the exclusives are what Im only really interested in, it is worth it still though, but for me I occasionally like to get the special edition of a game so I tend to buy the exclusives instead.
As it stands Im letting my GP lapse, if you only ever buy standard editions of games, get GP.

Obviously there is some other decent games on there as well worth playing, but I just don't get the time.

That's the thing, like you I tend to buy the "Ultimate" editions and it would seem a little odd buying DLC for a game you're essentially renting.

It's still tempting though!

Soldato
OP
I checked my One X Scorpio box and found a One month gamepass code so signed up with that and left recurring billing on to give me another free month. So I’ve got 2 months of free Gamepass and I’ll decide in that time wether it’s worth keeping :)

Caporegime
I get game pass for free, so it’s a no brainier really, I initially got it with the deal for two months for £2 and was impressed with value.

It’s also nice with the ultimate edition of Forza Horizon 4 you can buy an upgrade pass so with it being a MS game you know it will never leave the service.

Soldato
OP
How do you get gamepass for free?

I’m tempted by the Ultimate upgrade pass but figured I won’t need it yet and by the time the new expansions are out it’ll probably be cheaper.

Caporegime
How do you get gamepass for free?

I’m tempted by the Ultimate upgrade pass but figured I won’t need it yet and by the time the new expansions are out it’ll probably be cheaper.

Microsoft rewards program.

Do daily tasks, and daily bing/mobile bing searches to get points, 1 month game pass is 6,800 points.

Yes it’s a monotonous task but it only takes about 3 minutes a day.

Associate
I been doing it for around 16 months, have over 70000 points, did make me change from google to bing for everything.

Soldato
to get 6800 in a month on rewards you have to go some, 90 a day from PC searches, 60 from mobile (the one i dont bother filling) plus another 70-80 from the daily BS quizs and recommended links.

Ok theres purchases and other stuff you get points for using the best deal (17000 points for 3 months gamepass) your still looking at around 190 points a day.

Its a shame they killed the 1 year gamepass for 29000 points just before they anounced the MS exclusives on day 1 (and also when i was on 27,000 points).

I bought 18 months of gamepass for cheap from amazon when they were doing the cheap deal during e3, cost me only slightly more than 1 game digitally and im very happy with the value for money. Sea of thieves, vermitide 2 (a nice day one surprise that one) state of decay and forza horizon 4 have made it worth my while already and that doesnt include the other days i have played that i probably wouldn't have bought. Before my times up i will have at least Crackdown 3 and i'm sure some others as well.

Just need to keep my eyes open for cheap deals again from legit places.

Caporegime
to get 6800 in a month on rewards you have to go some, 90 a day from PC searches, 60 from mobile (the one i dont bother filling) plus another 70-80 from the daily BS quizs and recommended links.

Ok theres purchases and other stuff you get points for using the best deal (17000 points for 3 months gamepass) your still looking at around 190 points a day.

Its a shame they killed the 1 year gamepass for 29000 points just before they anounced the MS exclusives on day 1 (and also when i was on 27,000 points).

I bought 18 months of gamepass for cheap from amazon when they were doing the cheap deal during e3, cost me only slightly more than 1 game digitally and im very happy with the value for money. Sea of thieves, vermitide 2 (a nice day one surprise that one) state of decay and forza horizon 4 have made it worth my while already and that doesnt include the other days i have played that i probably wouldn't have bought. Before my times up i will have at least Crackdown 3 and i'm sure some others as well.

Just need to keep my eyes open for cheap deals again from legit places.

You don't have to go some, at 242 points a day is going it for 28 days, you also get point bonuses for streaks as well, so the longer you go you get a streak bonus, in most months that is OK to get you a month of game pass, it doesn't take a lot of effort to do each day either really. I couldn't be bothered to do the mobile one either, but I just picked a random date period to start at (1066) and just do 20 searches, it takes minutes every morning.

If you can't be bothered then that is one thing, but it's perfectly doable if you can be bothered, and there is now a 12 point bonus for Bing searches.

Soldato
You don't have to go some, at 242 points a day is going it for 28 days, you also get point bonuses for streaks as well, so the longer you go you get a streak bonus, in most months that is OK to get you a month of game pass, it doesn't take a lot of effort to do each day either really. I couldn't be bothered to do the mobile one either, but I just picked a random date period to start at (1066) and just do 20 searches, it takes minutes every morning.

If you can't be bothered then that is one thing, but it's perfectly doable if you can be bothered, and there is now a 12 point bonus for Bing searches.

I get around 180 points a day, was annoyed this weekend when i missed a day and lost a 27 day streak as well, like i said the mobile one is just a pain and yes your right you get a extra 4 searches worth of points now if you are using Edge which i cant at work and rarely remember at home.

Spotted there is an App on Xbox now what does that do? any extra points?

And i'd still say hitting max point 93% of days is going some ;)

Caporegime
I get around 180 points a day, was annoyed this weekend when i missed a day and lost a 27 day streak as well, like i said the mobile one is just a pain and yes your right you get a extra 4 searches worth of points now if you are using Edge which i cant at work and rarely remember at home.

Spotted there is an App on Xbox now what does that do? any extra points?

And i'd still say hitting max point 93% of days is going some ;)

the xbox app does also have some bonus points available, but they are like 5 for each activity and I have no idea how often they update. I've been at 100% for a while now, and I am two days away from 6,800 points on a 36 day streak, but at the start I was like you and didn't bother with mobile searches and also wasted 400 points on those stupid sweepstakes as I misunderstood, so I spent points instead of earning them lol.

Associate
I use xbox Edge browser for my searches.

Xbox micosoft rewards app gives extra 7x5 points each day, plus a few extras worth more.

For mobile searches I'm login on a few devices other people use, really easy to hit them targets.

Associate
I started doing the rewards thing for the Game Pass just last week, only takes a few minutes a day and I will easily amass enough monthly points to cover the Game Pass price.

However, this morning I noticed my selected reward has reset it self to nothing - I've searched through all the various rewards, but no mention of Game Pass anywhere. I still have all my points, but no reward set. Has anyone else noticed the same?

I can see one reward is a £5 Xbox store voucher. Based on the points needed for these you could easily get 1 a month, but are they stackable? As in could you save them up for 6 months and use them all in one go to get £30 off a game?

Ta

Last edited:
Soldato
I've started doing this since I read @antijoke and in the six days so far have 1253 points with little effort. Also only just started using bing and edge on pc, so 450 points down on where I could have been.

Associate
Gamepass worth it for exclusives alone, for me anyway.

CrackDown3, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Halo Infinite and Sea of thieves are/were all day 1 for me, Standard editions alone for those would be £250+, and at £96 for the year it's a no brainer, plus I home share with my lad, so we both get them, saved a fortune ! And with Microsoft rewards, it's free anyway with doing searches from pc and mobile everyday

Associate
Gamepass worth it for exclusives alone, for me anyway.

CrackDown3, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Halo Infinite and Sea of thieves are/were all day 1 for me, Standard editions alone for those would be £250+, and at £96 for the year it's a no brainer, plus I home share with my lad, so we both get them, saved a fortune ! And with Microsoft rewards, it's free anyway with doing searches from pc and mobile everyday

If you keep an eye out for deals, you can get Gamepass for £3 pm or similar. My Gamepass now runs out in 2021 so that XB2 better be good!

GP is excellent. I had great fun with SoT and FH4 - playing on both PC and Xbox - if you have a PC and Xbox it's even better value. 3 of us play the same game with a single sub - 2 on Xbox, 1 on PC.

Back
Top Bottom