Is it worth getting Sky Q these days?

Soldato
The last time I had a TV Sky Q was pretty much needed to see the decent stuff, but I haven't owned a TV in over two years, and I've got used to just having the streaming services. I have missed Sky Sports because I love my Cricket. But other than sports, what are the advantages of Sky Q these days?

My TV is only 1080p so even 4k isn't much for me although I guess I'll end up with a 4k TV at some point.

Associate
I've just cancelled my Sky Q, cost was the main factor. I have got Netflix, Disney+ & Amazon Prime so I'm going to see how I get on. I think I am going to miss the sport side of it though!

Caporegime
The last time I had a TV Sky Q was pretty much needed to see the decent stuff, but I haven't owned a TV in over two years, and I've got used to just having the streaming services. I have missed Sky Sports because I love my Cricket. But other than sports, what are the advantages of Sky Q these days?

My TV is only 1080p so even 4k isn't much for me although I guess I'll end up with a 4k TV at some point.
If you are considering Sky Q don’t forget to check out the stickied thread in this very section!

Soldato
How much !!!!!!!!!!!

NOWTV!
SPORTS MEMBERSHIP + BOOST FREE TRIAL

£33.99 a month. Cancel anytime.
Includes a 7 day free trial of Boost, after that it's £5 a month.

and Boost, wow that's a rip off too and not totally AD FREE !!

Big night in? Boost it with Full HD, ad-free streaming and Surround Sound on up to 3 devices at once.

Ad-free excludes live channels and trailers promoting NOW content. Boost features available on selected content and devices only. See here for more details.

Caporegime
How much !!!!!!!!!!!

NOWTV!
SPORTS MEMBERSHIP + BOOST FREE TRIAL

£33.99 a month. Cancel anytime.
Includes a 7 day free trial of Boost, after that it's £5 a month.

and Boost, wow that's a rip off too and not totally AD FREE !!

Big night in? Boost it with Full HD, ad-free streaming and Surround Sound on up to 3 devices at once.

Ad-free excludes live channels and trailers promoting NOW content. Boost features available on selected content and devices only. See here for more details.
The on demand stuff is ad free, the live channels are a simulcast of the main sky tv channels. Should they just show a blank screen during these ad breaks?

Soldato
lol DLC or Season pass is above and beyond the base game. I expect a tv service Q or internet based in 2022 to have full HD as standard and perhaps paying a small amount for those with 4K. It's also the merry go round of haggling for a better price at end of your contract, the wild pricing between offers for every customer. Only have to read the MSE forum post on renewals how the offer prices are so different from 1 person to the next.

Associate
lol DLC or Season pass is above and beyond the base game. I expect a tv service Q or internet based in 2022 to have full HD as standard and perhaps paying a small amount for those with 4K. It's also the merry go round of haggling for a better price at end of your contract, the wild pricing between offers for every customer. Only have to read the MSE forum post on renewals how the offer prices are so different from 1 person to the next.
agree - in this day and age HD should be free with 4k being an option. Having said that heard that now tv boost will be adding 4k soon. Although i expect a price bump for this privilege!

Last edited:
Soldato
I dropped sports from my package 12 months ago, really thought I'd miss the football, but surprisingly I haven't.
Plan on ending my Sky contract completely in May when it expires.
As others have said mainly due to price, & the availability of better & cheaper alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom