Is it worth me getting a mac?

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I'm toying with the fact of getting a mac computer, either a mac mini or a G5 system.

Main reasons being :

I'm sick of Windows XP and I want a change, I still plan to keep my pc setup but I wanted to test what the water is like on the other side IE : because Mac OS Tiger feels so damm smooth it's godlike.

After seeing some of the kit in the Apple store at the trafford centre, I was tempted to come away with a G5 but again I was thinking, "well can it do everything a pc can do" and more?

I tend to keep my gaming playing on the pc and xbox 360 so that doesnt bother me, and i'm also going to get an ipod at some stage so this would match up well, and after seeing some very fancy music keyboards connected to the macs in store I was tempted to try my hand at learning the keyboard also via the software that they do.

But the main question i want to ask is : would it all be a waste of time and money or am I missing something?

Comments please :)

Associate
Use a Linux dual-boot arrangement. No financial outlay and you get to play with an entirely new OS to sate your boredom.

Ubuntu or Xandros would be a good start for your experimentation.

I don't see anything wrong with getting the Mac, it just sounds like change for changes sake.

Soldato
ummm id say.. go for it :D i use macs all the time (free lance video editor/graphic designer) and i have an eMac G4. the iMac G5 is very good, and i would reccomend it providing you would use it in the right way.. because macs are better for certain things such as graphic design and such. but if youre only buying to to play around with then dont bother.

Back
Top Bottom