Is losing b̶o̶t̶h̶ two petrol caps careless ?

Soldato
Just had to buy second petrol cap in 6 months, and had never lost one in the previous 20years - what's the deal ?

I assume I lost them at the petrol station, where I usually put it on the roof whilst filling,
but I don't understand how I closed the flap without seeing the issue (need the garage cctv), also, I did not find the flap open, later, but maybe they will blow shut. ?

Will now try and use the holder on the back of the flap - but nonetheless, mystified

... need an EV, but could you drive off with the umbilical attached.

I saw someone do this at the petrol station a little while ago. (filler cap on roof)
I was literally wtf, how can you put the filling nozzle back and then just walk off to pay.

i didnt know what easy fuel was, but on a google seems to be what my audi basically has as well. No idea what Audi call it, maybe einfachfuel ;) not sure that sounds quite so snappy

Soldato
On our Astra and Viva the cap is attached with a cord and it fits on the flap when fueling. Tbh I think the only car I have had that did not have this was an old pug 306.....

Soldato
On our Astra and Viva the cap is attached with a cord and it fits on the flap when fueling. Tbh I think the only car I have had that did not have this was an old pug 306.....

You'd have to be really dozy for forget to put that back on, same with the 106 and 205s :p When I had my 205s, 106 and 306 I just stood there with the cap still on the key while filling up

Don
Is this a Ford only thing? Mine has it. All of the other none Ford car's I've driven in recent years have had removable caps.
ah seems audi is also easy fuel as its not a ford thing

Ford were the first to release it afaik - My 2010 Fiesta has it, and my 2012 Focus - a quick google suggests it was also present on the Mk4 Mondeo (2007+).

Associate
The A8 I'm using at the moment is connected on an elasticated cord, but has nowhere to put the thing when filling, bad oversight on a supposedly flagship car (well at least in size) that you have to leave the cap dangling against the bodywork.

My Noble I've driven off without the cap a couple of times when I first got the car :rolleyes: In my defence I'd had years of the cap having somewhere to go whilst filling, the Noble cap has to be put to one side and has no cover to close/leave open reminding you about the cap heh

Ford were the first to release it afaik - My 2010 Fiesta has it, and my 2012 Focus - a quick google suggests it was also present on the Mk4 Mondeo (2007+).

Yeah it seems difficult to specifically narrow it down to an inventor. Ford seemed to be the ones to mass adopt it fastest, but I am unconvinced its specifically their invention.

Its seemingly more than one thing as well, I am sure I had a car that had a manual cap still, but had the correct filling type control. Could well have been an old mondeo I had circa 2006/7.
The fact they use the same term, easy fuel (and the audi video puts the little R in a circle after it, sounds like there is some sort of rights reserved somewere, so probably a licenced tech)

Soldato
OP
[
has the Queen sent you any letters lately?
just a summons for driving away from a forecourt

]

.. will start usng the clip and see how that works out .. will it just fall out as I drive off

33444343808_554bc38254_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom