Is my iPod Nano dead?

Associate
Gen 1 iPod Nano, when plugged into my mains USB charger just brings up a message saying "Use iTunes to restore".

Now if I plug it into my computer it freaks out and just keeps rebooting over and over and over in a continuous loop.

I've tried a reset by holding down the select and menu buttons to no avail.

Is it off to the great tech scrapheap in the sky?

Cheers.

Soldato
Got another computer to try resetting it on? :)

When mine was messing about, it would reset on a Mac but not on a PC. Turned out to be faulty flash memory on a brand new iPod, but could reset on different machines but not others.

Associate
At least the new ones are a lot less prone to scratching and feel a lot nicer to use.... A small consideration to having to shell out £99 I know :/. You could also always ebay the broken nano to (claming it is broken etc). People seem to love broken apple stuff on ebay. :confused:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Leave it on until it drains the battery completely.

Then plug it in to iTunes and do a restore :)

Associate
OP
At least the new ones are a lot less prone to scratching and feel a lot nicer to use.... A small consideration to having to shell out £99 I know :/. You could also always ebay the broken nano to (claming it is broken etc). People seem to love broken apple stuff on ebay. :confused:

Yeah a couple of years ago I sold a broken Dell laptop for £50, the guy picked it up and gave me cash, and it was only a PIII800, I've just seen a nano go for £30 + £7.50 postage!!! WTF:eek:

I also have a knackered Canon Ixus Camera.

Time to ebay all the broken stuff lying around here. Might go some way to paying for the iPhone I got last week ;)

Associate
Yeah a couple of years ago I sold a broken Dell laptop for £50, the guy picked it up and gave me cash, and it was only a PIII800, I've just seen a nano go for £30 + £7.50 postage!!! WTF:eek:

I also have a knackered Canon Ixus Camera.

Time to ebay all the broken stuff lying around here. Might go some way to paying for the iPhone I got last week ;)

My friend dropped a 4th gen ipod into a pint 3 days after he bought it...... His insurance company coughed up for a new one and never asked for the beer flavored one back. He ebayed it for £80 and a guy sent him pictures of how he'd got it working again :D. I guess it's true: one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Back
Top Bottom