• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is now a good time to buy low/medium end graphic cards

Associate
Hello all,
I have been saving up for XT6700RX for a long time as life wants to take more than I can save, so I am almost there financially but is now a good time to buy this level card as the market is being flooded with Chinese high ends, just looking for impartial honest answers/opinions as I have 1 shot at this and need it to be right. Before anyone wants to argue over this is a bad card etc. I feel I have done enough research to say it will suit my needs i.e only need it to play World of Tanks and Ark. on a basic monitor without the need to upgrade my PSU.
many thanks for reading in advance.

thank you for your responses shame about black Friday but no funds at the time it happens. ill check out 2nd hand but doesn't seem much price diff.but will persevere

Resolution is 1080 for the record - with 600w PSU and currently running NVIDEA 970 - so any upgrade for me will be amazing.

I will look into second hand 6800 as well as new will take me into next year for an upgrade at this rate.

You are all stars for responding and thank you for your views it is what I was after.

Sadly I only have enough money at this time for a card not a PSU as looking the 7700 needs 700w sadly but will look for any seconds in the mean time in case i can bag a better psu and delay the card, so bigger power bigger card options
i guess.
thank you for responce

i only have 600w but looking at the card in question it looks like 700 recommended but recommended vs what can be, is above my paygrade knowledge.
So places like this are awesome for knowledge. ty

i will need to remove from case cage to see so may do that tomorrow so i can cover all bases for best educated view.
thank you for keeping this simple as I have very limited knowledge base so this is really helpful for me and not make my brain work to hard or explode with stuff i will never truly understand.
my next question/statement may open doors that i probably dont want to explore as per my previous brain matter statement, but as I only play WOT and my wife only plays Ark which looks like Minecraft with Dinosaurs on the GTX 970 currant card.
Do i need to explore rendering, layering and other stuff I dont know the meaning or purpose of or am I now overthinking this

thank you for all your voices fair bit to think about and got overtime next week so maybe be able to get something sooner than i planned. happy days. Thank you forum, my question answered with no trolling, as it took a while to post as didnt want ridicule or shamed in lack of knowledge and understanding.:)

Back
Top Bottom