• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the 3060ti overkill for 1080p?

rn2

rn2

Associate
I was going to buy a 3070 to pair with a 5900x but I've been advised that it can cause games to run badly with it being too powerful for the resolution and the cpu having to work harder. I still don't fully understand the technicals around it. But I'm starting to away towards the 3060ti. Would it still be overkill? I guess maxing out the settings would fix things easier than on a 3070. I just don't want to buy the wrong card. P.S. I'm very happy with my 1080p monitor.. Its gsync and very good quality.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
I think that I figured it out. Someone said that the cpu will bottle nck the gpu. But they assumed that I'd be playing at 100s of frames per second. I'm quite happy to limit my frames to 144fps, am I right in saying that the cpu won't be bottlenecking the gpu in this instance?

I think. They also assumed that I will have an old cpu.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
My 3060Ti gets ~ 60-70fps in CP2077 RT Ultra 1080p.

If that's an example of a 'current gen game' seems like 3060Ti is entry level for RT @ 1080p.

Im not interested in RT so I should get even more frames. Maybe I'll stick with a 3060ti. For you to get that many frames they must have fixed some issues with the games performance recently?

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Hi OP

I've just upgraded from a Pallit Super Jetstream GTX 980 to a Pallit Dual RTX 3060ti.

I actually game @ 1080p via a GSync monitor and the performance increase is very noticeable between the 2 cards. Every game I play now gives a butter smooth frame rate.

Hope that answers your question

:)
Thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom