is the flybook the right thing to go for?

Nox

Nox

Associate
Hey all,

I've been looking into this really hand notebook for a while now, its s portable it's untrue! 8.9" screen WIFI, GPRS, 1ghz processor, 512mb ram etc etc. Has anyone had any experience with this bit of kit? it looks mint but not sure if its right to go for or not, any help?

Man of Honour
It's a Transmeta Crusoe chip running at 1ghz. That will be a lot slower than an equivalent AMD or P4. A friend had the same chip in a Toshiba and he said it was indeed slow. So it depends on what you're using it for... email, word processing and browsing should be fine. But don't expect to run any games on it very fast.

Caporegime
You could get a pda, they fit in your pocket at well, and the cpus are probably as powerfull as that since they are intel. They have all the wireless stuff as well. That flybook will probably struggle with divx video even.

Last edited:

Nox

Nox

Associate
OP
:( ok cheers, not as good as i had hoped then for the flybook, still looks cool, but sounds like may not have the functionality i'm looking for perhaps? Was mainly going to use for email, documents, web design and other programming and traveling on business due to its size.

Nox

Nox

Associate
OP
ummm ok.... anything else thats a similar size that might be worth while... these things cost around £1300 inc :eek: also looked at the small Vaio's but wanted something a bit more snazzy so to speak. :D or at least different anyway, its with GPRS etc etc, ok that is all in a smart phone or blueberry but can't get those to do programming. Any suggestions? :)

Caporegime
Pda phones, can do programming, smaller screen but the cpus are probably faster than the flybook, have 3g as well which is a lot faster than gprs and they are about 1/4 of the price of the flybook.

With a small 12inch laptop you can buy a 3g card and use that instead of gprs. If you cant get a 3g signal it will switch to gprs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom