Is the VGA duct worth using? Antec P180.

Soldato
I was thinking of using the VGA duct on my P180. I took it right out the moment I got the case but was thinking of using it alongside my X1900XT using a Papst 80mm fan blowing on to the card.

Temps are pretty good on the 1900XT 47c idle, although case temps are up a bit cos I have put the fans on low.

fansonlow.jpg

All idle.

Also is it worth putting my drives in the bottom chamber? as the vga power cable gets in the way.

Last edited:
Associate
not many people use the duct, doesnt seem to make muc of a difference, but if you do use it, it should be as an exhaust really, rather than an intake.

depends where you have the lower 120mm fan, if you remove the upper HHD rack, and put the 120mm from the PSU chamber, it creates a gap between the PSU and lower HDD chamber, this is how Ive built all the systems I have in P180s.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I prolly dont need to use the vga duct but I was just curios. What I have done so far in my P180 is remove the bottom fan, it just gets in the way of cables and its now in the top alongside a rear fan. The fan that was orignally at the top of the case is now at the front blowing air onto my drives. Seems to work well, but Im allways looking to improve. :) I'll post some pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom