Is there any point me getting 1440p

Soldato
Hi all

So i'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the AOC 1080p 144hz monitor that's been recommended a lot on here, However, i'm in two minds, I hear a lot of people mention they have 1440p for gaming but i don't know if i should bother going 1440p with the games i play, Will i see much difference?

Games me and the missus regularly play:

PUBG
Escape From Tarkov
ETS2
Fifa 20
Moto GP 20

Any advice much appreciated :)

Soldato
I would but it is dependent on the games you play and your end goal, personally it's 100% for me but unfortunately I don't play any of the games you've listed.

I can say racing games are much better on a good 1440P monitor assuming you can drive it, but ultimately it's an added expense because you also need a stronger GPU compared to 1080P.

I find things tend to lean toward 1080P when you're playing competitive stuff that benefits high FPS and super low latency. So FPS titles like CSGO mainly.

Soldato
OP
I would but it is dependent on the games you play and your end goal, personally it's 100% for me but unfortunately I don't play any of the games you've listed.

I can say racing games are much better on a good 1440P monitor assuming you can drive it, but ultimately it's an added expense because you also need a stronger GPU compared to 1080P.

I do have a few Rally/Racing games on my steam list which i enjoy from time to time... I'm looking to get a 5700 8gb which should do a decent job in 1440p if I was to go that route.

Soldato
I do have a few Rally/Racing games on my steam list which i enjoy from time to time... I'm looking to get a 5700 8gb which should do a decent job in 1440p if I was to go that route.

How happy are you with your current 1080p performance/setup?

Could be worth holding out for the new GPU's tbh.

Even if you don't need something next gen you could probably grab a deal from someone doing an upgrade.

As mentioned above, unless you're playing a highly competitive game like CSGO 1440P on a nice screen is going to be a better experience.

Soldato
OP
How happy are you with your current 1080p performance/setup?

Could be worth holding out for the new GPU's tbh.

Even if you don't need something next gen you could probably grab a deal from someone doing an upgrade.

As mentioned above, unless you're playing a highly competitive game like CSGO 1440P on a nice screen is going to be a better experience.

I'm happy with the current setup but it's only 60hz, feels abit old, i think I it's time to move up my hz and buy myself a nice new monitor....

Tbh we only play it maybe 3-4 hours per day which is not a lot I don't think, I'd like an ultra wide but my wallet isn't that heavy :p

Soldato
I'm happy with the current setup but it's only 60hz, feels abit old, i think I it's time to move up my hz and buy myself a nice new monitor....

Tbh we only play it maybe 3-4 hours per day which is not a lot I don't think, I'd like an ultra wide but my wallet isn't that heavy :p

You guys play on the same screen or two separate?

I think you'd both notice the improvement if it's the same.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom