Is there really that little choice in desk chairs?

Soldato
It seems you have three options when buying a desk/office chair:

1. Cheap chinese tat from Amazon/eBay
2. Super expensive ergonomic office chairs
3. IKEA Markus

My chair is on it's last legs, and with the IKEA Markus being sold out everywhere + pandemic, have been trying to find any alternatives but the above 3 look to be the only option?

I'd almost prefer a big comfy executive chair but the only ones I can find fall into category 1!

Help me OcUK, you're my only hope!

Soldato
OP
When I first moved to London, my first job was moving office furniture from offices that went bust or were upgrading or whatever, and I was constantly amazed at some of the stuff that people were chucking out. Obviously there were absolute truckloads of those crap wooden L shaped desks but amongst it all were some serious gems, we'd often put £1k+ chairs in absolute mint condition on the pavement with a £50 sticker on them.

Side note: What a business that was. These guys used to charge companies rather lumpy sums of money to clear out their offices, then put the furniture in their showrooms and sell it. What a fantastic business model. They also only paid us £50 a day and swerved their taxes rather efficiently so I suspect they all earned a decent living off their morally bankrupt business.

Bet there's some money in it right now or the near future, dread to think how many big companies are going to be getting rid of offices now that it's proven everyone can just work from home!

Back
Top Bottom