Is this a bad sign???

Soldato
Only happened once - just a couple of minutes ago - but on immediate bootup of my pc before the bios had appeared there was black and white stripes like a barcode filling my tft - anyone every seen this before?

I am trying to backup all my music onto DVD currently - all 20+GB and every so often Nero Express (Demo) locks up completely on a track - this must have happened 6 times or so on different tracks. Even a Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt work and only a hard reset and reboot clears it. Setting the affinity doesnt even seem to have much affect. Anyone got any ideas on this.

Just so you know all my music is on pretty new 250GB maxtor 16mb cache drive (amybe 6 months old) which is drive E, nero is installed on my C drive raptor. Possibility of one or both of the drives failing - or do you think its nero being difficult? When I get a clean selection , with no lockups - Nero works perfectly. Whats disappointing is that all the affected songs play without a problem and they have all been burned in the last few weeks and I have defragged both drives also.

Any ideas would be welcome

Back
Top Bottom