Is this a good gaming pc?

Associate
Hi, Need some advice here.
Bought gaming desktop : Core i7 Gaming PC - 32GB RAM / 1TB SSD / / Nvidia RTX 3050 Windows 10
My son was really happy then his friend came around and said this is going to be lagging. He mainly plays Fortnite.
I thought we chose really good spec. The i7 is one of the older generation.

What do you think? Should we return it? I know you can always get better but we are not after the Porsche of gaming computer. The Mercedes is more than fine!

Thanks for all your help / answers

2nd gen i7 and a 3050 for £475?
I'd think you can get much better specs for that price.

Did you get a monitor and keyboard/mouse for that price? That changes the value a little however I know for a fact better spec PCs do exist for cheaper. We can't really link to any due to forum rules though I'm afraid.

Last edited:
2nd gen i7 and a 3050 for £475?
I'd think you can get much better specs for that price.

Did you get a monitor and keyboard/mouse for that price? That changes the value a little however I know for a fact better spec PCs do exist for cheaper. We can't really link to any due to forum rules though I'm afraid.
Just the pc

That appalling if it's an i7-2600 - £475 is daylight robbery. Any recourse?

EDIT: You can build this for £545, with an RTX 3060 12GB and a CPU that isn't out of the ark and can be easily upgraded, or spend £30 more and go Intel i5-12400F, or Ryzen 5 5600X. Just threw this together as an example.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte A520M K V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card
Case: CiT Flash MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Total: £545

Last edited:
It's a 15 year old CPU so performance will be quite poor.
Assuming building is not an option and that 2nd hand is fine (as this ine must be) I have looked around and can see better 2nd hand PCs for sale for that sort of price.

Thank you all. It is refurbished.
I think we will return it. They do charge 25% for restocking….
If I was to change the cpu will that be a good spec pc? The rest is ok?

Thank you all. It is refurbished.
I think we will return it. They do charge 25% for restocking….
If I was to change the cpu will that be a good spec pc? The rest is ok?
Are you able to find out the correct spec instead of us guessing?

Would be handy to know for sure to give the best advice

It is a good idea to ask before you buy. If that is a 2600k you have been well and truly ripped off as the cpu itself isn't worth more than £20-25 I would think, probably less for the motherboard. If you bought it online and you are within 14 days of recieving it you can return it and get all of your money back. Outside of that get's tricky but a 25% "restocking" fee is a micky take.

You are unlikely to be able to put a much better CPU into it, not that would be worth the effort and cost anyway.

As mentioned, you may wish to dispute any restocking fee of within 14 days. The PC isn't a custom item so as far as I'm aware (please check yourself) there should be no fee other than return postage.

Back
Top Bottom