• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this a good stepping?

Associate
Hi,

have you heard of google? People who expect things served on a silver plater will not get a good response.

Thanks.

Ask in a decent manner and someone may help you.

Associate
OP
I am sorry but couldn´t find anything from google. tried to google the stepping there and sorry, I don´t know how to put my question in a "decent" manner, I think that is pretty decent..

Soldato
Yarkanat said:
I am sorry but couldn´t find anything from google. tried to google the stepping there and sorry, I don´t know how to put my question in a "decent" manner, I think that is pretty decent..

on google, neither could I.....

your question is fine imo, its just killajaz on his period :p

sorry i cant help you on the stepping info, maybe someone with something worth while to add will turn up soon.

Man of Honour
Yeah I think that's pretty decent too really, what else are you meant to say...

"Ohhh OcUK pleeeeeease help me!"

What happened to just not replying to a post if you didn't like it? To me this guy just wants some experienced users feedback rather than a million results for purchasing chips on etc.

Associate
OP
w3bbo said:
Managed 3.8 with my 28a - took 1.65v to get there though.

3.8?! Omg that is just great! I think I´ll settle to 3 Ghz :p Good to know someone gets that kinds of results from a chip that is stock at 1.86 ghz :eek:

Man of Honour
1.65 caused no problems whatsoever (on water) 100% orthos small fft's load was low-mid 50's after 8 hours. Didn't use it for 24/7 though, 3.6 - 1.54v. High voltage will obviously shorten the lifespan of the cpu but I change mine every 6 months or so so it won't effect me, and tbh in 2 or 3 years time the e6600 will probably retail at less than £100 anyway, so even if it did live a short life - replacing one will be no biggie. I have yet to hear of a conroe being killed by excessive volts and they have been around for more than 6 months already - tempting fate I guess but part of the overclocking fun is the fear/rush that something may go wrong and rejoicing when it dosn't :D

I wouldn't advise anyone to put that much vcore through there cpu's though without having the knowledge that it 'could' go all wrong and having funds to replace it - never killed a cpu yet through overclocking tbh.

Got a new cpu now though which dosn't need nearly as much voltage to reach the same speeds but runs a lot hotter regardless - week 32a :D.

Associate
joeyjojo said:
Good old XS, their opty chart is invaluable as well.

And w3bbo, what about concordes conroe. One of the cores died after running at 1.55 24/7 :(

Wouldn't think that would be down to too much voltage. Could have been a problem with the CPU acclerated by voltage maybe, or just a random failure. Unlikely that much voltage actually killed the CPU.
Have run ~ 1.9v into a 6600 for short(ish) periods of time (ie 7-8 hours) and doesnt appear to be any damage to the CPU. Clocks aren't degrading etc (yet anyway lol)

Associate
OP
You guys think that my Zamlma Reserator 1+ will keep my new rig cool?

-E6300@3Ghz
-8800 GTS
-2GB Corsair XMS PC 6400
-Gigabyte DS3

And will my old PSU still manage? (Seasonic S12 430W)

Man of Honour
joeyjojo said:
Good old XS, their opty chart is invaluable as well.

And w3bbo, what about concordes conroe. One of the cores died after running at 1.55 24/7 :(

Faulty product to begin with imo, it would most likely have died on stock volts too, cant see volts killing one core and not the other as the are both on the same die.

Associate
OP
I will Bump my Q:

You guys think that my Zamlma Reserator 1+ will keep my new rig cool?

-E6300@3Ghz
-8800 GTS
-2GB Corsair XMS PC 6400
-Gigabyte DS3

And will my old PSU still manage? (Seasonic S12 430W) :D

Back
Top Bottom