Is this an Ecoboom?

Soldato
Next door neighbour has I think.... an S-Max, it's a 2016 looks like a Fiesta on steroids I guess.

She's been complaining the engine warning light is intermittently coming on, and whilst mowing the front lawn I noticed the Ecoboost badge on the back.

I did a DVLA reg check and it says the engine is a 999cc petrol.

So is a 2016 Ford with 1ltr engine with an Ecoboost badge on one of these wet belt time bombs?

Soldato
Are you sure it’s an S-Max? I’m pretty sure the smallest engine they had was still an EcoBoost but was the 1.5. Wikipedia backs that up too, although that’s of course not always solid. Or is it a C-Max?

Either way, being a 1 litre 2016 almost certainly means it’s the 3 cylinder EcoBoost.

Last edited:
Don
She's been complaining the engine warning light is intermittently coming on,
Could be anything, without reading the codes it's just speculation (although it's a likely candidate)

So is a 2016 Ford with 1ltr engine with an Ecoboost badge on one of these wet belt time bombs?
Yes 2016 will be wet belt.

Soldato
OP
Ok cheers guys.

Yea hopefully the engine light is something not sinister, problem is she doesn't have a clue about cars.

Now gotta try and work out how to approach this with her....

Soldato
Next door neighbour has I think.... an S-Max, it's a 2016 looks like a Fiesta on steroids I guess.

She's been complaining the engine warning light is intermittently coming on, and whilst mowing the front lawn I noticed the Ecoboost badge on the back.

I did a DVLA reg check and it says the engine is a 999cc petrol.

Not an S-Max on that year with a 1.0

Smallest in the model range is 1.5 Ecoboost.

B-Max & C Max both came with 1.0 Ecoboost engines.

Intermitant EML is commonly the vac valve that controls the turbo. Isn't an overly expensive fix but needs to be read to diagnose.

B-MAX

C8yFZMk.jpeg

C-MAX

W3gLKUM.jpeg

And just for clarity - S-Max

wSmmuj9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom