Is this any good?!

Caporegime
Been offered the following:

Two L-120 flash heads Output power: 120WS Guide no.:GN35(1.5M) Modeling lamp:150W Flash output: Full/half
Two black heavy duty light stands
Soft box and umbrella

For £100

Yes? No? - Could potentially be a good setup to get me going!

Last edited:
Soldato
So you er, instend on trolling?

Opps a small typo. Not trolling at all, just being honest. If this was someone i knew in real life, i would tell them to save a little cash instead and then get the lights and still have some money in the bank in case they found out the stuff they got didn't suit and needed more.

Soldato
Opps a small typo. Not trolling at all, just being honest. If this was someone i knew in real life, i would tell them to save a little cash instead and then get the lights and still have some money in the bank in case they found out the stuff they got didn't suit and needed more.

His primary field of Photography is Portraits, both items will benefit him, the 24-70 in the long run, and the lights in the time till the 24-70, and probably Bowens. I don't see the problem in that. He does need the lights, it'll save him money hiring studios, which he has done in the past. Means he can arrange shoots at his own will, not relying on other venues, and natural light, or light he cannot control, such as clubs.

Soldato
His primary field of Photography is Portraits, both items will benefit him, the 24-70 in the long run, and the lights in the time till the 24-70, and probably Bowens. I don't see the problem in that. He does need the lights, it'll save him money hiring studios, which he has done in the past. Means he can arrange shoots at his own will, not relying on other venues, and natural light, or light he cannot control, such as clubs.

Yeah i understand that and agree. But a while ago he was talking about being unable to afford £30-40 pound. I think it would be best to say save some money for a month and at least he can then buy the lights and and have money left over for things he needs if he finds the lights are not enough.

Theres no point buying them and finding himself skint again.

Soldato
Yeah i understand that and agree. But a while ago he was talking about being unable to afford £30-40 pound. I think it would be best to say save some money for a month and at least he can then buy the lights and and have money left over for things he needs if he finds the lights are not enough.

Theres no point buying them and finding himself skint again.

He didn't say he couldn't afford that outlay, it just wasn't beneficial spending that £33 for just a week or whatever it was. Since then he has had a photoshoot, and got more money. So I don't see the problem. Your first post, and those in the 5D thread are getting a bit too much like a troll.

Oh and Jake, as said on MSN, probably ideal to start, maybe worth checking the bay/gumtree for others, maybe some better deals locally too, managed to get my kit pretty cheaply off the bay.

Soldato
all of the above

Regardless of anyones opinion on what he should or shouldn't do with his cash Phate has asked if the stuff hes listed is a good deal for £100. Personally I cant comment as I don't have any knowledge of studio lighting etc, but everyone else seems to have ignored his actual question :rolleyes:

Soldato
He didn't say he couldn't afford that outlay, it just wasn't beneficial spending that £33 for just a week or whatever it was. Since then he has had a photoshoot, and got more money. So I don't see the problem. Your first post, and those in the 5D thread are getting a bit too much like a troll.

Oh and Jake, as said on MSN, probably ideal to start, maybe worth checking the bay/gumtree for others, maybe some better deals locally too, managed to get my kit pretty cheaply off the bay.

He stated he couldn't afford the money at all. I am sorry i dont like posting this crap, but this is phate we are talking about. He is a man of many ideas, at one stage its getting the car resprayed and then onto 5d's. He needs to stop wasting money for a month and put a little away, which means he can spend the 100 pound and like i have already said not end up skint after spending it.

And its not trolling, i reply to his threads, because he posts so much about his life its hard not to notice someone looking a 5d who cant afford it. If it was you that posted the same thread, you would get a post from me saying if you can afford it go for it. But because we dont get your life story i cant tell if you can afford it or not

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
because he posts so much about his life its hard But because we dont get your life story i cant tell if you can afford it or not

LOL....seriously. If you had any idea about my life mate, ah man. That'd be a fun thread ;) - I know what I can and can't afford, and half my threads are light hearted 'what ifs' anyway. Just because I said about swapping my 40D for a 5D doesn't mean I was 100% set on doing it, it was just an idea. And quite frankly you don't have a clue what I can and can't afford. And for the record, the car is getting a respray :p

Soldato
LOL....seriously. If you had any idea about my life mate, ah man. That'd be a fun thread ;) - I know what I can and can't afford, and half my threads are light hearted 'what ifs' anyway. Just because I said about swapping my 40D for a 5D doesn't mean I was 100% set on doing it, it was just an idea. And quite frankly you don't have a clue what I can and can't afford. And for the record, the car is getting a respray :p

What car? How much does a respray cost as my car is red and has faded to a nasty pink colour. So I look like a homo when driving it.

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
What car? How much does a respray cost as my car is red and has faded to a nasty pink colour. So I look like a homo when driving it.

I posted pics of here a little while ago. But it's an MGZS180 and it's bright blue (oo er) and it's covered in stone chips etc. And your pink troubles can be sorted with a porta cable :)

Back
Top Bottom