Is this build overpriced?

Associate
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to PC gaming and would like to start off with a pretty decent set up, a friends relative of mine is selling this right now:

gaming pc i7. Condition is Used.

CASE - BE QUITE PRO DUAL FRONT FANS, 2 X 2.O USB, 2 X 3.O USB (FRONT)
RGB LIGHTING (IN CASE)
CPU - INTEL SKYLAKE I7 6700K 4GHz
CPU COOLER - FREEZER I11
RAM DDR4 8GB X 2
MOTHER BOARD - MAXIMUS VIII GENE 6 X 3.O USB, 1 X 3.1 USB (REAR)
GRAPHICS CARD - MSI FOUNDER EDITION NVIDIA GTX 1060 ( 110 FPS FORNITE)
HDD 2 TB X 1
SSD 1 TB X 1 (WITH OS)
DVD DRIVE X 1
WIRELESS CARD - wireless-ac1900 PCE-AC68
SOUND CARD - STANDARD
INTERNAL FAN X 1
EXHAUST FAN X 1
POWER SUPPLY - CX750M

ASUS VC239H 23 INCH FULL HD IPS LCD MONITOR X 2

RAZER KEYBOAD DEATH STALKER X 1

RAZER MOUSE DEATH ADDER X 1

RAZER KRAKEN HEADSET X 1

He's telling me it's a great deal for £1200 (why wouldn't he) but I would like some opinions please whether it's worth that amount, also I hope posting that link was okay! Thank you to anyone who can help, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi just a quick heads up, it's against forum tos to link competitor sites so your best removing the link and just listing the components.

In terms of value I would say around £700 would be about right but is it worth buying? Answer no.

Hi just a quick heads up, it's against forum tos to link competitor sites so your best removing the link and just listing the components.

In terms of value I would say around £700 would be about right but is it worth buying? Answer no.

Thank you for the heads up, just removed the link! Is that £700 for the desktop alone or including all the add ons?

Thank you for the heads up, just removed the link! Is that £700 for the desktop alone or including all the add ons?
the trouble is if you buy that then your buying a PC that's already out of date, 6-8 core CPUs are the go to option for gaming.
You would be better off building a new amd ryzen system especially if you have around a 1200 budget.

the trouble is if you buy that then your buying a PC that's already out of date, 6-8 core CPUs are the go to option for gaming.
You would be better off building a new amd ryzen system especially if you have around a 1200 budget.

Appreciate the help, I'll stay clear of that one then. Trouble is I've no idea where to even start when building one on here, my budget is around £1200.

Cheaper build to allow for OCUK build cost and to get keyboard and mouse of your choosing.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,004.84 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Also you can contact OCUK and put a offer in on the "B Grade" monitor.

EDIT

Just noticed the monitor is 32". May not be a good idea at 1080p.

Thank you both for your builds, currently deciding which monitor to get. This is my current PC:

Processor AMD Eight Core FX 8320 CPU 3.5GHz 16MB cache
COOLERMASTER SEIDON LIQUID COOLED
Memory 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 4 x Dimm slots (2 x free)
Hard Drive 2TB SATA III (SATA 6.GBs)
Optical Drive 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE.
Software Operating System: Genuine Windows 10 64 bit Display
Monitor not included
Graphics AMD R9 270X 2GB PCI-E Direct X11
Audio 5.1 Channel onboard Audio Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec Input Devices 1 x PS/2 can be used for Keyboard OR Mouse USB for Keyboard and Mouse Networking Lan onboard 10 / 100 / 1000 Gigabit LAN Realtek GbE LAN chip
Power Supply Coolermaster B600 600W ATX PSU
Dimensions Depth 510 mm Width 235 mm Height 507 mm Interfaces 1 set 5.1 channel Audio jacks (3 jacks) 1 x PS/2 keyboard port 4 x USB 2.0 ports 4 x USB 3.0 ports 1 x RJ45 LAN port 2 x DVI Port 1 x HDMI Port Expansion 4 x Dimm Slots (2 Free) 1 x PCI-e x 16 slot (0 Free) 1 x PCI-e x 1 slots (0 Free) 1 x PCI Slot (Free) 6 x Sata II ports (4 Free)

I mean this is years old, is it even worth trying to sell?!

People will buy anything so worth selling though it maybe worth salvaging the 2tb hdd as a storage drive for your new build.

Back
Top Bottom