Is this laptop right for me?

Associate
Hey everyone,

Im about to buy a laptop and think ive found one but theres a few things im concerned about.

Its a HP Envy (i7, 16GB, 1TB SSD).
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...tel-core-i7-1-tb-ssd-silver-10224978-pdt.html

I need it for both gaming and photo editing / CAD work. The games i play are more strategy (Crusader Kings, Europa, Football Manager etc.) and it would also be needed for AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.

Im concerned that the graphics card might not be as good as others in the price range, but im not very knowledgable on which graphics cards are better.

If this wouldnt be ideal, could anyone recommend something that would be with...

• At least 16GB RAM
  • At least an i7 or AMD equivalent
  • Less than £1200
  • And ideally I wouldnt want a laptop that looks like a typical 'gaming laptop', instead soemthing a bit more sleek and professional looking.

Many thanks guys!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Firstly, you'll need to remove the link to the competitor, that's against forum rules.

That laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card from what I can see, so will be pretty weak in that area.

There are a few brands that offer gaming laptops that don't scream gamer.

The HP Omen has a lovely QHD screen that will be great for your photo editing and CAD work. The 3060 should be fine for the games you listed. It doesn't have a gamer look.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,258.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom