Is this new built ok?

Associate
Hi, is this build ok, years since I built a PC just checking all this is compatible not sure this case is suitable but really liked the design and reviews. Any feedback welcome also with the processor should I get the 14900K or 14900KF? Also the memory and the SSD storage I have already.

My PC Build

Case - Monotech King Pro 95
PSU - Corsair RMx Shift Series, RM1200x, 1200 Watt, Fully Modular Power Supply
Graphics - Asus RTX 4090 24GB TUF Gaming Graphics Card
Processor - Intel Core i9 Processor 14900K (36M Cache, up to 6.00 GHz)
Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT Liquid CPU Cooler Power Supply
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 AORUS MASTER X EATX Motherboard for Intel LGA1700 CPUs
Memory - CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 5600MHz CL40 (Already purchased)
Storage - Samsung 990 Pro 4TB SSD PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe x3 = Total 12TB storage for games
Backup storage - 8TB Samsung SSD for storage (already purchased)

What do you use the PC for?

What are the prices of these items?

Any feedback welcome also with the processor should I get the 14900K or 14900KF?
Have you been reading the news about these CPUs?

not sure this case is suitable but really liked the design and reviews
There's no compatibility issue from what I can see of the specs and the case shows up as compatible (for the side-mounted cables) when I put it into Corsair's SHIFT compatibility checker.

I didn't check the radiator of your AIO because I don't know what size your AIO is.

I can't check the memory on the QVL of the motherboard, because there's no Corsair model number quoted in your post.

Hi thanks for quick reponse. Yes I have read the news regards the CPUs, it is concerning but as they are still for sale I was hoping with it being a new build and updating the bios from the start with the new August fix release this should prevent any issues?

The PC is for gaming, blender (hobbyist only learning nothing serious)

The radiator on the AIO is 360mm? The corsair model number is

(CMT64GX5M2B5600C40)​

Last edited:
Hi thanks for quick reponse. Yes I have read the news regards the CPUs, it is concerning but as they are still for sale I was hoping with it being a new build and updating the bios from the start with the new August fix release this should prevent any issues?
Your call, but I'd have to be a die hard Intel fan to take that gamble (I'm not).

The radiator on the AIO is 360mm?
The case spec says you can fit a 360mm AIO in the roof. I can't see any guidance on thickness, but it looks like there's a decent amount of room.

The corsair model number is

(CMT64GX5M2B5600C40)​

Is on the QVL of your motherboard: "CMT64GX5M2B5600C40 ver.5.43.13". One pair was tested successfully with XMP enabled, two pairs is blank entry.

I'm with @Tetras 100%. I wouldn't go intel now...not only with the gamble of the cpu's, but the fact the platform is end of life also. If you're dumping that much money and don't like amd, I'd at least wait for the new gen around the corner
5600C40 ram is pretty slow nowaday, esp. for intel cpu's...you've already purchased but I'd look to swap for better speed, but does depend on game (and the price you paid for the ram of course)...looking at HU, looks like newer games more often are actually utilising the faster speed, though not all..playing baldurs gate 4 with 14700k 7200c34 returned 130fps vs 114 fps with 5600c40...23% uplift in fps, hogwarts 125 v 115, so 9%, 8% is assetto corsa, homeworld 2 is 9%....though other games like starfield makes no difference...literally 1 fps between them...so check what games you like 1st....dominator ram is the best corsair do, so it's meant to be the most stable at higher speeds, so in theory you should be able to run it at higher speeds with less chance of instability
if your set on corsair aio, the new titan ones are right up there with the best in cooling performance. Seeing as the 14900k burns the energy, I'd go that way
3 x 990pro ssd (7450/6900 read wrire with 2400 tbw endurance)at £350 each... lexar 4tb nm790's have a read write of 7400/6500 with a 3000tbw endurance for £230...save £120 per drive

Back
Top Bottom