Is this PSU powerful enough to run this pc build setup ?

Associate
my sons pc has started freezing up when gaming and i cant work out why i have updated all drivers etc and he can be playing a game and the whole pc just freezes for about 30 secs and then un freezes but comp can get laggy and require a restart but the freeze happens quite often, this is the setup he has can someone tell me if the PSU is ok for this build as all was find when using the 580 ATI card but with 6600xt in these freezes happen and the card runs fine in my pc :(

please if anyones got some advice that would be great. ty

AMD RX 6600XT
corsair tx 550m
amd ryzen 3 3100 4 core am4
msi b450m mortar max (ms-7b89)
ddr4 3200
win10 64

i dont think i have the 580 around to try in his only the 6600xt, i did update bios to see if that was the issue but nope, it happens world of warcraft and dead by daylight not sure about others

i tried the 3 mem sticks and as there was x3 8gig sticks in, so i took 2 out but put a spare brand new one in with it as my son needed to use the comp that day but the pc only froze once in 48 hours as before it was about every 1-2 hours, so not sure if the last stick thats in there with the new one would be an issue as ive never seen 3 sticks all go faulty !!

try turning off all the programs that load on start up so there is absolutly no programs running in the background when he starts the game, sometimes a program will auto check the web for updata etc, which can cause a long pause like you describe I've got all mine turned off except for my antivirus ( avast) and some kind of hack stopper for league of legends that he plays in my Pc sometimes, the upshot of turning all unnessecary startup programs, is a faster boot time I could tell you how to do this on win10, but not win 11 if you are on that, you'll have to google
yeah win10 not 11

I've had that happen before - had a run of bad luck with Corsair memory back in the day.

Have you checked the voltages? It took 1.1v vsoc and 1.45v DDR to get 4 sticks of 3600 stable on my 5900x. 3 is less demanding than 4, but it's still more demanding than 2.

Also run memtest86+.
i forgot about memtest86+ does that run on win10 and is it still put on mem stick etc! i miss the days when you could just stick mem in and off ya go but different slots needed to be used etc is crazy hehe

Back
Top Bottom